eley firsts

My Benelli M2 cycles these (eley first black 28g fibre 7.5shot) every time without fail. The only 28gram it isnt keen on is the hull comp x`s but they are soft as ....

Try eley olympics and see how you get on with them as they are 110 FPS faster volocity so should recoil better in the semi auto giving higher pressers in the gass system ! They also seem to be a bit clearner !

Just looked back at his posts,the auto in question could be an armed wilfowler.I havent heard of thease so not sure on the internals. It has also had problem with kent v's.If like my 810 the oring could be damaged or missing or the plastic piston under the steel piston could be the wrong way round. Failing that the gas

ports in the barrel may need a clean with a pipe cleaner.

Still think cycling has more to do with chamber and casing length my uncles browning semi won't cycle 65mm cases fine with 70mm

thsts true but in my experience it wouldnt jam every cartridge maybe every 2 or 3. Sounds like somthing else at fault o rings gas ports ect. The eley firsts in 28grm 7.5s are quite punchy in a fibre wad so should cycle even in a 67mm case witch is what they are.

Last Sunday, as a trial I shot Eley First in my top barrel and Fiocchi Top One in the bottom, both fibre wad, to see comparitivley which was the cleaner cartridge.

It was a 60 bird shoot.

I later asked two other shooters to compare the cleanliness of the barrels, they were not made aware of any cartridge details until after the evaluation.

The top barrel (Eley First) was noticably dirtier with plenty of evidense of unburnt powder.

Our conclusion was that Eley First are significantly dirtier than Fiocchi Top One.

I noticed no difference in recoil, breaks etc, but I didn't do out to check these, maybe I should have.

I have shot both of these cartridges through my Beretta A390 without fault from either cartridge.

webber

Eley first are loaded to 1100 FPS at 66 feet (not muzzle)

Eley olympic are loaded at 1110FPS at 66 feet (not muzzle)

Eley Blues are loaded the same as Olympic

In fact most eley clay cartridges are loaded at the 1100 to 1120 range VIP trap and FITASC loaded at

1140 FPS. Dont always believe what it says on the box.

PRICE INDICATES BETTER COMPONENTS NOT A FASTER CARTRIDGE;'

As all shot leaves the barrel as a lump of lead 9s will slow down range faster than 6 so eley set speed at 66ft so which ever name you buy will give good results

Eley first are a budget cartridge but give results as good as the others in the eley range.Speed wise other more expensive cartridges may feel softer but speed wise you are not losing out.

It comes down to try as many cartridges as you can and see what you and your gun are happy with.

Eley first are loaded to 1100 FPS at 66 feet (not muzzle)

Eley olympic are loaded at 1110FPS at 66 feet (not muzzle)

Eley Blues are loaded the same as Olympic

In fact most eley clay cartridges are loaded at the 1100 to 1120 range VIP trap and FITASC loaded at

1140 FPS. Dont always believe what it says on the box.

PRICE INDICATES BETTER COMPONENTS NOT A FASTER CARTRIDGE;'

As all shot leaves the barrel as a lump of lead 9s will slow down range faster than 6 so eley set speed at 66ft so which ever name you buy will give good results

Eley first are a budget cartridge but give results as good as the others in the eley range.Speed wise other more expensive cartridges may feel softer but speed wise you are not losing out.

It comes down to try as many cartridges as you can and see what you and your gun are happy with.

Thanks a very informative post