Difficult season

JDog

I noted in a recent post that 'Pigeon Controller' stated that he had been out and had found that the birds would not decoy.

This has increasingly been the case for me this season, especially on rape stubble, and it is reassuring to see that such an eminent and experienced pigeon shooter as Pigeon Controller has come across the same problem and was prepared to say as much on the forum.

Same as mate , used magnets .. Flappers .. Floaters ... All different patterns ,under flight lines , next to flight lines .... And the birds are not interested ..... Been out 5 times different fields .. Different times of the day ..,. Never blanked ... Best bag was 4 ...

Regards

Willow32

Ps last year was a hell of a lot better

Once the stubbles appear so do a lot more pigeon shooters.

The pigeons are probably under more pressure from shooting at this time of year than any other.

This makes them very spooky, especially with artificial decoys, using only dead birds can help.

You may also find that they will only feed in the middle of the fields and keep away from the margins.

They do appear more confidant in the later day feeding time, than in the mornings.

There are also plenty of alternative places to feed, if they are not sure about one field, there is probably another exactly the same across the road.

This year has been very poor for me despite a huge effort. My best so far has been a couple of 17s and one 20. Mostly struggling to get into double figures. The really irritating thing is that when I do get a decent few come in my shooting seems to go tits up :angry:

Then of course there are all the jammy **** on here with their red letter day photgraphs :rolleyes:

Edited by sitsinhedges

Once the stubbles appear so do a lot more pigeon shooters.

The pigeons are probably under more pressure from shooting at this time of year than any other.

This makes them very spooky, especially with artificial decoys, using only dead birds can help.

You may also find that they will only feed in the middle of the fields and keep away from the margins.

They do appear more confidant in the later day feeding time, than in the mornings.

There are also plenty of alternative places to feed, if they are not sure about one field, there is probably another exactly the same across the road.

:good:

It has been a frustrating harvest so far for me. The best bag i've mustered is 62 on rape stubble. I've found what i thought to be good decoying situations, only to shoot 20 odd birds.

This year has been a bit poor, only shooting 1500 so far. With my efforts turning a little towards wildfowling, unless i get some sport on late barley stubble (like last year) or beans, then that might be about it for me.