Football match tickets

AVB

My 8 year old has become a fanatical Spurs fan. Don't know why but I am just thankful that he isn't a gooner.

Anyway, for a birthday present I bought him tickets to see Spurs vs WBA this weekend - His Nan is taking him so that is 4 tickets - Nan, Nan's 'friend', son and his cousin.

£256. Yes £256. That's for a category c match.

**** me. I had no idea of the cost. If you had asked me before I booked I would have guessed £25 for adults and £15 for children.

My 8 year old has become a fanatical Spurs fan. Don't know why but I am just thankful that he isn't a gooner.

Anyway, for a birthday present I bought him tickets to see Spurs vs WBA this weekend - His Nan is taking him so that is 4 tickets - Nan, Nan's 'friend', son and his cousin.

£256. Yes £256. That's for a category c match.

**** me. I had no idea of the cost. If you had asked me before I booked I would have guessed £25 for adults and £15 for children.

.............. and they`re not the most expensive.

Apparenyly it`s cheaper to go abroad and watch Barcelona than some of the premiership teams!!

Yes, it hasn't been a cheap family day out for a long time, but 64 quid a pop is top top dollar. Assume you bought upper west stand tickets?

Good choice of club though.

I hope he enjoys it, should be a great reception for AVB's first home game.

Hopefully a comfortable home win.

I think it is Upper West. I booked from afar so not exactly what I got (or what options were available).

It is costing me a lot. He is now decked out in replica kit. bedroom kitted out, supporters club membership etc.

I don;t know what sparked it. I mentioned on here once before that he has no real interest in kicking a ball but is a fanatical supported and knows all of the stats of all of the players (Bale's inside leg measurement etc.) and the club.

No good to you now,

But what we used to do was just go to the cup matches, we used to buy corporate seats for around £40, standard cup games for "peasant seats" were £25 (Newcastle United)

exclusive areas, far better value,

for premier games these would have been £65+

worth thinking about next time

:shaun:

Edited by shaun4860

I went to watch Real Madrid at their home ground and tickets were around £15! How is it the premiership gets away with charging what they do?

It's no longer a working mans sport.

They get away with it because fans pay it.

Give it a miss for a season(en masse) and prices will be revised

A bit different but 2 years ago went to Qatar on holiday and got to see Bayern Munich vs Al Rayaan a local team and then they played Borussia Dortmund, all free and at half time there was a free draw to win one of several Mitsi Shoguns donated by local dealer, how we can only dream. Took son to see City vs United £88.00!!!

I went to watch Real Madrid at their home ground and tickets were around £15! How is it the premiership gets away with charging what they do?

It's no longer a working mans sport.

Paying players £100,000.00 a week has to come from somewhere.......Mate is a Cardiff City season ticket holder it was about £400 when he bought early on last season some friends Have swansea season tickets and go to some away games costs quite a bit. Turn out for rugby matches at the Millenium this year were down as well due to high ticket prices

Edited by HDAV