Foxes

Crow killer

:D .22LR, Your .22 will probalby be one, if its not a .22magum.

I've shot them with subsonics, Hollow point.

However if i were going solely for foxes (I was after bunnies) and only had a .22LR, I would opt for a slightly heaveyer weight and faster speed. I only shoot in the head, and at about 30-40yds tops.

Hope this helps! :D

• 4 weeks later...

I have shot many foxes from the back of a landrover while lamping for rabbits and have killed them cleanly with chest shots at up to 45 yards with 32g of 6s. I dont doubt that you can kill them better with bigger shot but when lamping rabbits you cant realy tell a fox to wait a minuit while you slip some heavies in.

Pigeon Pieman,

Regarding your last posting.

How can it be illegal to shoot a fox with a shotgun and appropriate cartridges ?.

Are you possibly confusing the conditions that are on your firearm certificate, that is the Police stipulate which are suitable calibres for certain species...e.g. vermin, foxes, deer etc.

I know of no such conditions which apply to the use of shotguns for fox control.

Dear Snipe,

considering your site name you have appalling eyesight :lol::lol:

My post cleary refers to rifles and NOT shotguns. Assuming you hold a firearm cert you will be well aware of the mandatory requirement of all fac weapons used on live animals to be expanding-type ammunition.

It was added to open the discussion thread, especially as Red Stag had mentioned .22 lr ammunition previously.

As you correctly state, there is no stipulation on the use of shotgun ammunition for quarry species, with the excepion of shooting of deer with shotguns.

I'll try to write slower next time as you don't weem to read too quick ;):P:lol::lol::):):lol::lol:

PP

Pigeon Pieman,

Nothing wrong with me eyesight ,mate.

Thanks for your replies.

Unless I am reading your original post wrong, you stated the only thing you can legally shoot a fox with is a rifle with expanding ammo...........end of story . Where does it say it does not refer to shotguns ?There is no mention in your post about shotguns. Anyone without any knowledge of firearms or shotgun certifcates would be misinformed by your post.

No need to write slower for me ,mate. I can keep up with your misinformation all day long.