looking for work

colin lad

i know this may be a long shot but if any of you know of any work in the bedfordshire area would appreciate a heads up,

its not for me my 21 year old is struggling at the moment to find anything all there is out there is 10/15 hour a week jobs with poor pay

thanks colin

tell him to get on with agencys seems to be the only way to get work these days

tell him to get on with agencys seems to be the only way to get work these days

Hadn't considered this but it seems to have worked for a couple of lads I know;both now in full-time employment after being taken on through an agency initially.Has to be worth a go;employers tend to keep good workers.

I was chatting with a manager at a MacDonalds restaurant In the Midlands some time ago and he was desperately after recruiting approximately 50 staff.

Apparently they struggle to recruit decent people as so many only work part time or leave after finding better jobs.

May be worth asking at your local as its better than nothing.

Good luck with the search

V

thanks for replies all he worked the last 2 years as a custody officer at yarlswood detention center till he fell for a girl from Belgium he moved there in march and lasted 2 months till they split up now he has come home with nothing poor lad he has tried the agency's but he seems to speak the wrong language,

he is doing his security guard license next week so maybe something there fingers crossed,

and thanks for the idea Terry about the caravan but when suggested it to wife i got the look so not a good idea lol

colin

and as for Mc Donalds tried that and was told too clever we dont take people with good qualifications and he only got gcse Cs and Ds

Edited by colin lad