been making the most of the stubble's

washwildfowler

well with the weather not being what i would call decent fowling weather for the foreshore , i thought i would make the most of my inland permission on the stubble's before they get ploughed up in the next couple of weeks ...

the young dog has worked very well in the first few flight's and made some great retrieves , also with my friend shooting his first goose and it had a BTO ring on which was even more special for him ...

just a few pics .

GINGE.jpg

20120902_095633.jpg

20120902_095749.jpg

hybrid greylag x canada

20120902_102100.jpg

the young gun on a retrieve

20120907_084047.jpg

and another

20120907_08411501.jpg

20120907_0852191.jpg

20120907_093218.jpg

20120908_065345.jpg

spot the hides

20120902_085423.jpg

Edited by washwildfowler

Hi BBL ,i have had the code black long range ,goose and code black duck since spring ,both myself and smoking barrels from the forum have tested them out all through the summer on pigeons with some great results ,they are suited more towards the heavy loads ,we have found out but anything over 1550 can blow the pattern , also i find the code black duck choke is more suited to my style of shooting .the long range goose i find you have to be spot on with them .

the answer to your question is yes , i do think they are worth the money .if you drop me a pm , i sure i can put you in contact with a man who could sell you one cheaper than you have been quoted .

Regards WW

Great shooting and pics mate. I`m off on the stubbles tomorrow not a million miles away from you either?.

I was looking into those Patternmaster chokes for my X3. Watched a clip on youtube by the bloke who made them.

Very interesting stuff. Could be tempted to part with my money! :hmm:

Great shooting and pics mate. I`m off on the stubbles tomorrow not a million miles away from you either?.

I was looking into those Patternmaster chokes for my X3. Watched a clip on youtube by the bloke who made them.

Very interesting stuff. Could be tempted to part with my money! :hmm:

thanks ,i hope you have some good sport like we have had over the last few trips.let up know how you get on .

hi, washfowler looks like you started your season off well im a member of spalding wildfowlers i was just wondering if there is anyone in your area who lets out inland duck and goose shooting either guided or not,i have decided to come south after years of going up scotland we have just lost our shoot near loch leven after 25yrs when the old man passed away and his son took over.it looks like hes sold out to one of the well known guides in that area.ps this is not a begging post i am more than willing to pay the going rate.if you can put me onto anything i would really appreciate john.

hi, washfowler looks like you started your season off well im a member of spalding wildfowlers i was just wondering if there is anyone in your area who lets out inland duck and goose shooting either guided or not,i have decided to come south after years of going up scotland we have just lost our shoot near loch leven after 25yrs when the old man passed away and his son took over.it looks like hes sold out to one of the well known guides in that area.ps this is not a begging post i am more than willing to pay the going rate.if you can put me onto anything i would really appreciate john.

John, a bit late now but worth considering for next year. If you want some inland duck and goose shooting just south of Spalding take a look at WWC. Ok, its a club but the shooting can be worth while. I`ve been a member for yrs. www.whittleseywildfowlers.com

Hi john..

sorry i don't know anyone around my area that sells duck or goose flights .....

ww

Was out wensday on stuble sun was up loads of geese was in one field next to me as I was only on pigeons and ndver han any big rounds I went back cack last night kitted up was a different night no sun a bit darker and rain . The geese came at the same time but didn't land any one know why as I'm a new starter to this