10bore

lindsay

Correct i worked it out last night 52pence. Based on Remmington cases 5 firings, SP10 cups, aliant steel. considering factory nitro steel is 28 per 25 round here.................

All i have to do now is cope with the ten years it will take to recoup the tooling costs. If i dont just buy a roll turnover and use what i already have and make what i dont. Or i could just spend more time on the geese (now theres a cunning plan)

You will probaly find that sp10 wads will not be big enough for steel. Steel needs to be totally covered by your wad. The sp10 wads are fine for lead and bismuth, dont use steel with them.

Have a look for multimetal(mm) and or tungsten propulsion system(tps) wads in 10 bore, these will do you for steel shot.

You will probaly find that sp10 wads will not be big enough for steel. Steel needs to be totally covered by your wad. The sp10 wads are fine for lead and bismuth, dont use steel with them.

Have a look for multimetal(mm) and or tungsten propulsion system(tps) wads in 10 bore, these will do you for steel shot.

Thanks for the tip mate

Edited by Anth6568

I'd be interested in how you achieve this. Any details would be grateful.

Regards

I've worked it out to about 60p per shell. Powder - 21p, primer 5p, wad 14p, shot 16p and if the cases are used 3-4 times , they would work out to about 6p. My rough calculation = 62p. I would still like to get this figure down , though.

if its a modern gun ie. not damascus. in good condition i shouldn't fret just get it on 1/2 and 1/2. I am led to believe there has never been a set steel proof std for a ten in the uk anyway but they are built like tanks and this is what most users choose to do. There is no point sticking to full and full as its only of use like that with lead and i don't see the 10 as an inland or Scotland only gun. Choke boring varies a lot it seems but i paid £28 for it

Thanks for that Kent, i'll look into it. My old man owns a gun shop in scotland so i'll see if he knows anyone that can open the chokes and i'll give it a blast

i have a basque 10 bore

had chokes reamed out to just short of half (£30 per barrell) so that i could use remington steel

hoping for a trip north of the border soon so i can take it out onto the foreshore where it belongs

i dont imagine i will be hitting many teal zipping over my head like rockets as its not the easiest gun to throw arund and i arent a very big person but i would much rather shoot 1 duck with a 10bore than 10 with a 12.

i have a basque 10 bore

had chokes reamed out to just short of half (£30 per barrell) so that i could use remington steel

hoping for a trip north of the border soon so i can take it out onto the foreshore where it belongs

i dont imagine i will be hitting many teal zipping over my head like rockets as its not the easiest gun to throw arund and i arent a very big person but i would much rather shoot 1 duck with a 10bore than 10 with a 12.

Hi mate, what size loads will you be using for the ducks through your 10?

Hi mate, what size loads will you be using for the ducks through your 10?

i am just using factory loads for this season

Remington sportsman steel 1 3/8oz number 2s

and remington nitro steel 1 9/16oz BBs for geese