how many people are in somerset

cci stinger

I used to be, my parents still live in a place called Bruton. Off down to Wincanton next weekend, can't wait :blink:

P.

Pedro

I visit Wyke Farms cheese in Bruton and Northdown Dairies in Wincanton, amongst others 'round there, through work.......if you like cheese, pop in to Wykes and buy some from their shop..........VERY reasonable! If, on the other hand you don't like cheese then please ignore my ramblings! :drinks:

Duncan.

Ziplex, my old man does a bit of part time work for Northdowns, so I get some chep cheese from him :lol:

P.

;) ........... :yes:

Live in Bristol now but I'm a Somerset boy born and bred and still spend most of my time in and around W-S-M

Edit - When I'm not fishing off of Clevedon.

PO, bit off topic I know but are any cod showing in the channel yet?, I used to go fanatically in years gone by but not as much in the last few. Had lots of 2lb ish fish last year through September from Severn Beach and a 6lb fish early October from Battery Point but didn't go again and haven't been yet so far this year.

HI

I live in Bristol, over in Hanham, parents live down at Burnham on Sea, or is it Mud :yp:

Spent most of my younger years down on Unity farm , every weekend to be honest.

Also like a bit of Fishing down at Lady Bay, but use to spend younger years fishing for flatties on Berrow Beach

Spaniel

Ziplex, my old man does a bit of part time work for Northdowns, so I get some chep cheese from him :P

P.

:lol: ........... :lol:

Live in Bristol now but I'm a Somerset boy born and bred and still spend most of my time in and around W-S-M

Edit - When I'm not fishing off of Clevedon.

PO, bit off topic I know but are any cod showing in the channel yet?, I used to go fanatically in years gone by but not as much in the last few. Had lots of 2lb ish fish last year through September from Severn Beach and a 6lb fish early October from Battery Point but didn't go again and haven't been yet so far this year.

Sorry it took me so long to reply mate, haven't had any Cod yet. Plenty of Bass from Black Rock on low springs. Last year was bad for me.. 2 fish!!(cod) mind you I was out of the country for 4 months. I'll let you know if they start showing.

HI

I live in Bristol, over in Hanham, parents live down at Burnham on Sea, or is it Mud :P

Also like a bit of Fishing down at Lady Bay, but use to spend younger years fishing for flatties on Berrow Beach

Spaniel

Your parents live in Burnham and you waste your time fishing on Berrow beach :P Shame on you :good::P . Get yourself down to the lower lighthouse on low neaps and fish the tide in with black lug tipped with squid some of the best cod fishing in the channel. Both me and my brother have had double figure fish from there.

Im going to give it ago this Winter, fished LL a few times, as I use to live in a Flat right opposite Burnham Beach about 8 years back, so could quite easily creep out on a night time :good:

But I have only caught Whiting there.....

Can you remember the old sea wall,was it a old swimming pool or something, on the LHS of the Beach, years ago.

As a kid I use to watch them catch Conger from there, got caught once when the tide came in, shame they knocked it down

Spaniel

HI

I live in Bristol, over in Hanham, parents live down at Burnham on Sea, or is it Mud :beer:

Spaniel

where too in "anum" laddy :yes:??, from Grange Avenue meself, frequenting the blue bowl, jolly sailor an maypole,on the very very rare occasion drink ever passed my lips :good::good: you know birthdays xmas and in the event we found a vowel in the day :yes::beer: , born in bristol wendover, lived in Staple hill, moved to Hanham, found god and left the country :good::good:

trying to figure out if i knows the geezer called Spaniel :lol:?

Martin

HI

I live in Bristol, over in Hanham, parents live down at Burnham on Sea, or is it Mud :blink:

Spaniel

where too in "anum" laddy :lol:??, from Grange Avenue meself, frequenting the blue bowl, jolly sailor an maypole,on the very very rare occasion drink ever passed my lips :blink: :blink: you know birthdays xmas and in the event we found a vowel in the day :lol::lol: , born in bristol wendover, lived in Staple hill, moved to Hanham, found god and left the country :good::blush:

trying to figure out if i knows the geezer called Spaniel :lol:?

Martin

Blue Bowl on the Door step, Jolly Sailor My favourite pub to watch the England Games and not forgetting the after match fun down there, Maypole dont really go there to be honest, Sailor lad first...if you know what i mean.

Also born in Wendover 43 yrs ago, lived in Holly Hill Rd Kingswood from 5 to 17 yrs old.Now living in Albert Rd, opposite Tolgate Van hirer...

Went to the Grange school for Boys Warmely.....

Ian