Supermarket Onions - why oh why?

Thunderbird

Our last online order from tesco arrived with rotten onions, rotten chillies,a rotten banana and bruised apples!

We were fed up with always getting poor produce so a complaint was made and they gave us some vouchers !

I mean which mong picks this stuff to send out for delivery , we even have a note on the fruit and veg section saying no bruised or damaged fruit and veg . Think we'll have to add rotten to that !

And dont get me started on their substitutions! No rose' wine so send white?!!!! Your telling me the 4 huge alcahol aisles in tesco Blackpool didnt have any rose' wines on them!!

On a better note I did order a 8 pack of beer once but they didnt have any so they sent me a 24 pack!

First pic shows some poor quality apples. Top two are dimpled due to hail damage in late spring, first on second row has hole due to mouse or birdpeck (happened about a month back IMO), rest are russeted due to cold weather in late spring and below standard.

They are edible I suppose but I wouldn't pay for them.

Hail dimpled ones are fit for juicing, the one with a hole should have been thrown away at picking time.

I was astonished to see this rubbish on the shelf at Sainsburys.

Second pic is 50-55mm Gala. Gala are difficult to get to a decent size but this is cull fruit, not "family pack" size. :no:

I grow apples for a living, we have had an awful time this year with the weather but we wouldn't send this stuff out of the gate.

E5DDFC8A-0976-4C9B-9B6C-03334D7992D1-674-000000E48E1AA220.jpg

9A909854-0B35-464A-B7C8-38C37732885D-674-000000E494AB2D48.jpg

Edited by 39TDS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Grow your own I do Robinsons gaint onion plants I order most feb delivered to my door plant out in may by sept you have the best tasting onions ladt year i grow 6 at 1lb 5 and 1 at 1lb 8 going give the leeks a go they are full if flavour nice and green and parsnips are so sweet and tasty only thing we have used them so it back to the super market rubbish with no flavour veg that will not last roll on spring get back in the veg garden 👍

The reason you apples look like that is due to heavy rain and hail, because of the weather it damages the skin and grows with blisters almost all growers had this, this year meaning supermarkets that dont normally take product like this have had to as alot of eating fruit has been used as cider fruit.