Is anyone using a Prologic jacket?

Big Mat

they are rubbish mate. too bulky and the perspiration builds up between the fleece and the outer layer and you end up cold and wet. have a look on cabelas.com at their closeout/bargin cave section. the herters 3in1 was on offer last time i looked and works out not a lot more money. dont worry about ordering from cabelas, i do all the time and you will get your goods within 10days delivered to your door.

Can't agree more with the others got one sitting here now as my spare jacket you get drenched inside Velcro fails very quickly also, plus that company haven't got the best track record in dealing with customers either stay well clear IMO, get one from cabelas or a rivers west eider jacket IMO, a bit more expensive but certainly worth it IMO........

I'd had a look at the cabelas site, but its just the chance of getting screwed by customs etc that puts me off!

Look at the eider but the pockets just don't look right for some reason ??? I like the big cartridge pockets on the front with a couple higher up for puttings hands in!

Do you think he'll loan me his nightie if i get too cold? :lol:

Solicitors letter will be on its way.

Matt, my coat is cabelas and its the dogs danglies mate. Not cheap but the quality is there and is the warmest coat I have even had. You take a look at the coat on Saturday if you wish.

Matt, my coat is cabelas and its the dogs danglies mate. Not cheap but the quality is there and is the warmest coat I have even had. You take a look at the coat on Saturday if you wish.

The quality of my cabelas waders are something else nothing comes close in this country and I've probably had 5 pairs in recent years nothing touches there kit in the UK IMO and although I would much prefer to spend my hard earned pennies with a UK vendor there quality just doesn't come close......

Matt, a wise old man once told me "beware of a man wanting you to look at his "coat" in the cold" :innocent:

I've got a pro logic jacket. I bought it 2nd hand from a PW member.

It's in its 4th season with me (not sure how much it had done beforehand), I've never felt cold or wet in it and the velcro's still as good as new.

Would I recommend you getting one? I don't know. I had a look at a new one recently and the outer jacket material seems 'different' which may explain the problems others have had?

I reckon mine will be good for a few years yet, and for £50 I got a cracking jacket.

that one i wear is a prologic mat, it is **** like, the sleeves are always soaking. Thought it was just me being fat and sweaty though. Also the velcro sticks to every other bit of the jacket. Last season i wore a light waterproof over my buffalo smock and that done the trick, never felt the cold.

You down in the morning?

that one i wear is a prologic mat, it is **** like, the sleeves are always soaking. Thought it was just me being fat and sweaty though. Also the velcro sticks to every other bit of the jacket. Last season i wore a light waterproof over my buffalo smock and that done the trick, never felt the cold.

You down in the morning?

I'll be in the car park by 5!

i can sing prasies for the cabelas brush buster gortex parka. thats what i use now, after owning a prologic thermo armour and a riverswest eider which are both rubbish. and as above post says, if you select the international enhanced shipping option when you pay at the checkout, you will not get stung by customs.

if you cant afford a cabelas brush buster, you could use an ex army gortex jacket with a snugpak or buffalo smock underneath as this is just as good and a lot cheaper if you get the items 2nd hand off ebay.