A Vote

Lancs Lad

I would love to post a vote on it but I dont know how to.

But here is the question.

How would you vote if you were asked if you were in favor of registering air rifles.

Personaly, I would be up for it.

I think there are far too many cheaply available air guns out there that are sold through unconcerned places, seaside shops, fishing tackle shops, novelty shops to name but a few......

I would be happy to register....................and that you could only buy one with a "licence". that way it might help and control those idiots out there.

Hi, I like the idea of registering them as long as it isnt as gruelling as getting a FAC....In terms of I wouldnt want to be massively restricted on where I could use it and with really low power or something :-/. But the idea of registering the serial number etc is a generally great idea, and In theory would aid recovery of your gun if it was ever stolen?

-Andrew

I think you should go to the local cop shop and get a owners license to buy, somthing where they give you a quick check over and 5 min interview, not nearly like our fac's or sgc's though

Something along them lines would be ideal mag man...........dont think that the fac sgc route is needed as much.

It sickens me when I go into the local fishing shop and see cheap **** behind the counter............a few quid and you can buy one................

Will have all the scallies walking round in tracksuits rockports and air guns............

ive registered my guns with my local pc's

they have pictures of them serial numbers etc etc etc

they even no where my shoot is and where i keep the guns

just thought that it was a good move to keep the local bobby on my side

rgds

oldandnew

logun solo

wierauch hw100t mk1

wierauch hw100smk2

This has been working on my mind!!

I'm not into airguns, so this topic don't effect me too much, but am into outdoor pursuits and this topic effects like minded people.

Every day you see on the news or read in the paper about some chav who has shot a cat or dog, and how the spca is involved, how the animal is damaged etc.

Who does the press and general population blame............all of us who shoot. Public eye's look at us, even though we are the most law abiding citizens.

I say we should all push and try and protect the rotten elemants from ruining our image, and giving us a bad name.

Do you guys agree? Or am I on drugs? Any ideas, am thinking of phoning the BASC

It will take years for the full efect to come on line. If 1st of all only RFD could sell the guns then taht would remove some of the ease of getting them.

Second you required a license (either like a fishing license, or a plod endorsed quick issue), if found without a license then the gun is destroyed.

3rd Registering guns would be a bit lame as it would require "good will" on the owners behalf as the is no register of current guns.

When I first got my SGC there was no requirement to have or show a SGC to buy ammo, so this could be another way of making it "more" difficult for those not having one of the above licenses.

having said that how mant pellets will a chav fire in there urban sniper career?

Just some of my ramblings on this

Just licence the sale of pellets. Sure there are thousands out there, but licence the sale of them (to anyone RFD's, fishing shops etc) not just to the general public.

Eventually everyone will run out of pellets and need to fall in line to get more :angry:

Just playing devils advocate :no: A shotgun without ammo is about as much use as an airgun without pellets :/

The police as a whole don't care. It is all too much paper work to sort this out. They present a "caring sharing" attitude to the public but behind closed doors it is all about targets and clear up rates. Get an airgunner to show up on a speed camera or instigate a fine system for it then they will be all over us like a rash! Until then continue as normal.

Just licence the sale of pellets. Sure there are thousands out there, but licence the sale of them (to anyone RFD's, fishing shops etc) not just to the general public.

Tom who has a license buys a 1000 and gives 500 to his trusted friend **** who has no license who then proceeds to give 250 to Harry who is dodgy as hell and to which Tom knows nothing about :angry:

The term, 'turkeys looking forward to Christmas,' springs to mind.

Just another step towards total abolition of gun ownership.

The cops faced with rising crime strike out for total control of the respectable, in the same way a drowning man on the Titanic might have clutched at a floating walking stick.

Here's the real situation regarding crime; unless the crime involves major theft or violence, don't even bother to report it because it won't be investigated unless you supply cast iron evidence of who did it. Sad but true. I have personal experience of this and the level of crime that gets ignored is ubelievable. They don't even tell you what happened half the time.

The term, 'turkeys looking forward to Christmas,' springs to mind.

Just another step towards total abolition of gun ownership.

The cops faced with rising crime strike out for total control of the respectable, in the same way a drowning man on the Titanic might have clutched at a floating walking stick.

Here's the real situation regarding crime; unless the crime involves major theft or violence, don't even bother to report it because it won't be investigated unless you supply cast iron evidence of who did it. Sad but true. I have personal experience of this and the level of crime that gets ignored is ubelievable. They don't even tell you what happened half the time.

I hear what you're saying, but perhaps we should follow the example of game shooting......self imposed regulation on our terms rather than Government regulation on draconian terms....just a thought.