problem with .17 hmr cz american

ronttuk

prehaps the extracor claw is poorly machined and either rounded off, or its spring too weak or it requires some more material removing.

So be honest just take it back and get the bolt replaced, its alot easier than messing around with it yourself. If you contact edgar brothers they will probably give advice for DIY solutions.

Its the nature of the beast, its a budget gun

dead eye pictures ?? cant get a camera in there !!

i got the spent cartidge out and the case isnt smooth like normal its pitted maybee ive got a few duff rounds ill have to check them all out.

ive cleaned the rifle thoughrouly ill put a few shots through it tonight see how i get on.

I've had one round out of 1000 with mine that split down the length of the case and that was a right ******* to get out, oddly it was the first of a new batch of remington ammo I'd just bought so thought oh dear but the rest has been fine. if its only occasional it may just be down to the batch of ammo, but if it becomes more consistent then needs looking into

dead eye pictures ?? cant get a camera in there !!

i got the spent cartidge out and the case isnt smooth like normal its pitted maybee ive got a few duff rounds ill have to check them all out.

ive cleaned the rifle thoughrouly ill put a few shots through it tonight see how i get on.

:good:

Pictures of your extraction claws on the bolt silly :blush: ..............That way I can compare it to mine :good:

When I first got my Varmint I had a few stick (Hornady) There appeared to be an oily glaze on the cases so I gave the chamber area a good scrubbing and it's never happened again in 4000ish rounds. I wondered if it could have been oil/moisture running back down the barrel from the silencer, so I always store it muzzle down now.

The .22lr version suffer from this too.

My mate has one and he had this problem, he took it back, got a new bolt, problem solved. :good:

Apparently its common in CZs, as well as live rounds getting stuck in the chamber and not ejecting. :blush:

Frank.

as it is with quite alot of .22lr's

sako finfire particually.

Just they wont addmit it :good:

as it is with quite alot of .22lr's

sako finfire particually.

Just they wont addmit it :)

Never had any trouble with the extractor Nick.

Now the EJECTOR…… :lol: ……….well that’s another story. :yp:

G.M.

ive come across alot which wont extract unfired chambered rounds.

Not uncommon in cz's either. But in alot of finfire owners i know dont even try to extract the unfired rounds, they just fire them into the backstop (when working on a range) because they know it wont extract.