HDAV

What sort of PCC did you get?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Did you get a pro or not pro PCC?

• Yes got a pro shooting PCC
    • No got a suspected anti
    • Not sure if they are Pro or anti
    • I don't care and didn't vote

In Dorset we got Martyn Underhill, independent. He responded positively to BASC questions but other than that I've no idea what his policies are. Hope he does.

Just read on BBC local news website that the PCC is himself answerable to a supervisory quango. What the hell is the point? He's on £100,000 a year, God know what the quango will cost. They don't get it do they. We're as badly governed as we have ever been and bankrupt. I wonder why........

Edited by Gimlet

Labour, who did not respond to BASC or me (but then none of them did bar conservative to BASC and then only saying willing to meet). Labour too in Durham and Northumbria to the North. Conservative to the south in N Yorks.

However bear in mind that they will have a lot more to do and worry about than to just be concerned with the small aspect of local policing of firearm legislation administration so don't feel too "in for me, in for me, they've all got it in for me" But that does not mean that we should not be alert.

Most areas face far bigger challenges eg coppers on the beat etc. OK they may shave a job here and there in the firearms depts but tbh I have never come across a public dept that could not take a bit of a reorganisation or cut.

Also they cannot change the firearms laws or particularly the application of such in their areas. That is still decided nationally. Yes they may feed into it but so may anyone. The recent select committee did not recommend swingeing changes as I recall? One recommendation was a review and revision of the HO guidance to police officers etc administrating the acts - last done in 2002. Any tightening up that resulted in more checks and actions may mean more officers?

Edited by Katzenjammer