Electronic ear defenders

staggerhome

Hi all. I am looking into purchasing some electronic ear defenders for my game shooting and am posting this topic as a question to all who use electronic ear defenders and your opinion on the ones you use. There are quite a few defenders on the market and the ones i have seen to match my budget are the napier ED960.Any comments and advice on any particular models would be gratefully appreciated. Many thanks Rob

Before you buy - make sure that you can use these without them being hit by the stock when you mount the gun. I always wear them when standing with others etc, but when shooting i have to use 'in ear' types because my gun stock virtually touches my ear lobe when I mount a gun. I must have low ears! Seriously - I have been to shooting instructors about this and its not bad gun mounting - just the shape I am.

When standing with others I use MSA Sordin Supreme Pro X which are very good. When shooting I use Napier Pro 10.

Before you buy - make sure that you can use these without them being hit by the stock when you mount the gun. I always wear them when standing with others etc, but when shooting i have to use 'in ear' types because my gun stock virtually touches my ear lobe when I mount a gun. I must have low ears! Seriously - I have been to shooting instructors about this and its not bad gun mounting - just the shape I am.

When standing with others I use MSA Sordin Supreme Pro X which are very good. When shooting I use Napier Pro 10.

+1

I use the peltor electronic defenders and on ocasions do get the defender knock, just happens if the defender has moved slightly or don't get the mount quite right.

Always used a set of peltors, fantastic hearing ability but a bit of a pain to wear, knocking stock and taking them on and off etc. Dad has a cheaper pair of deerhunter electric ones and not half as good and you have to turn each ear on individually. (although they are comfy). Have just had a new set of CENS delivered though that I have only tried on, bit pricey but seem to be the business and fit great. Will try them at a shoot on Friday for real.

Electronic ones dampen the gun blast while allowing voice to be passed through, you can hear voice conversations as if you are not wearing ear defenders, though if you turn the volume up to much, some of the gun blast sound does amplified some what, but no where near to the sound level of not wearing ear defenders.

I use a set of Peltors Sportac electronics they can be a bit on the warm side and do tend to flatten your ears after a long day. They can knock the stock if your gun mount wanders but the level of protection and the ability to hear what people are saying without having to keep taking them off makes they a great choice. I also have a pair of custom moulded sonic valves which are great, once you get used to putting them in.