Duck shooting

Ija4569

Hi all I am getting together our first wild duck shoot on our 2 acre lake in Oxfordshire next Wednesday 5 th.there will be max 10 guns .guns will arrive at 2pm for drinks then set up for shoot till approx5.30 then back in cafe for food.There is no bird limit.we are getting between 50-100 birds in every night.the costs will be £100 pr gun with food and drink included. please can anyone interested contact me ASAP as first come first serve.you will need steel shot.Also we need some one with a good pick up dog to retrieve any birds if anyone is interested thanks

two acres seems a bit on the small side for 10 guns to me , if you are taking paying guns you have no idea what your getting and I would have some safety concerns with such a number in a small space.

I would make sure all the guns have insurance, you dont mention it in your post.

i like your concerns yes i would assume they all had there own insurance .we have put up hides and the guns cant shoot towards each other.we have 5 ponds in total and the guns are spread out. the ducks are fed on the larger lake so all 10 guns are not around just that one.but we do want everybody to have plenty of shots

Perhaps this should be in shooting for sale section. I reckon £100 for a wild duck flight is a joke, that is probably the most expensive i have ever seen, but good luck £1000 for shooting something that cannot be replaced is great money if you have no consience or respect for our quarry.

im trying to give people a nice afternoons shoot.ive just went on a pheasant shoot last week we shot 173 birds and it cost us £7000 between 9 of us thats expensive .it was £35 pr bird plus shoot and food and tips.its hard to get wild duck to keep coming in and costly as the barley is well exspensive..if anyone has any cheaper duck shooting in this area message me as i will be up for it thanks.this is the first time i have joined a forum and didnt realise i would get this response is this not a shooting forum?thanks again

Reared that someone else has paid for then and he states wild duck. And please your not trying to give someone a good afternoon you are simply trying to make some money, would it be acceptable for you to lure pheasants from a neigbouring estate and then charge to shoot the pheasants???.

No bag limits, if they are wild duck and you shot 50 thats 50 in one flight that cannot be replaced, just my opinion but I find that unacceptable and still feel this is in the wrong section it should be in the shooting available section.

I'll have a google for duck shooting in your area and see if I can save you some money.

I wouldn't know if this is a good offer or not but its not on my agenda to go and shoot between 50 and 100 ducks off a pond. Personally for me it would be more rewarding to shoot one duck off the marsh but that's only my opinion. Good luck to those that go, hope you have a good flight doing something that don't really appeal to me.

Thanks for offering others the chance to take up your offer.

i like your concerns yes i would assume they all had there own insurance .we have put up hides and the guns cant shoot towards each other.we have 5 ponds in total and the guns are spread out. the ducks are fed on the larger lake so all 10 guns are not around just that one.but we do want everybody to have plenty of shots

Ija4569,

If you are catering for paying clients YOU must have liability insurance, mine costs me £700+ PA.