CLAY GUNS?

Frank

CLAY PIGEON SHOOTING.  

46 members have voted

1. 1. WHICH ONE?

• Baikal
    • Lanber

My mate at work is going to get into clay shooting and his on a budget.

He is only interested in these 2 makes, but cant make up his mind which one yet, so i said id ask here, just to take the pressure off him. :D

Any experiences with these 2 shotguns in 12 bore?

Cheers,

Frank.

i would go lanber, its a better built and ballenced piece. The triggers arnt as good as the baikals although they are considerably lighter (normally :D )

Both are reliable enough, there are more spares avalible for the lanbers easily over here. The baikals also have 'unique recoil charactersitics'. im not sure if its because they have short forcing cones or what, but most baikals kick like a mule. They are certainly not light guns, so it makes no sense to me, its just an observation.

Baikals tend to be quite short stocks with alot of drop at comb, so might not suit everyone, where as the lanbers are avalible in every form under the sun.

Lanber for me.

Or a 2nd/3rd hand browning 325 :P

Get a Laurona instead. Better built, rust resistant and cheaper than Lanber.

I agree gordon, but you can't get Lauronas in the UK at the moment. they are looking for a new importer I believe. I know some lads in the Severn Wildfowlers who have bought all sorts of guns and they all rust really quickly apart from the laurona! There are a few second hand about, and these would be well worth a look at, but given a choice between Baikel and Lanber it would have to be a Lanber everytime.

Ft

http://www.laurona.com/IndexIng.htm#

Rustless for ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://www.gcshooters.com.au/shotguns.htm

Tony Kennedy was the last importer. You can get secondhand ones. I've had a lot of guns - still have two Winchesters and a Browning - but still looking for a 30" Laurona multi. They are blacked chromed barrels on the outside - mega rust resistant and chrome inside. Very strongly made guns.

:D im the one who voted Baikal :P , the question was any experience with either, ive never owned a Lanber, heard they are good, my own experience with the russian built tank is its good, the newer ones are even better, good steel ,rough made but well made, it dosent have to look like a rolls to drive down the road, the gun will do anything you want it too, as LG said its the "Indian not the Arrow"

they function well and are pretty reliable and robust, a fairly reasonably priced gun to start with, as Nick politely points out, they are known for a rather equal and oposite reaction (to your shoulder) a roll of coins or slug of copper can and will reduce this felt recoil, also adding aft weight to the stock for a more balanced firing platform, a lot of bad publicity burries this gun, it shouldn't, its not a DT10 or MX8 ect ect, its a Landy not a Porche, another very robust gun in this catagory would be the Ruger Red label, in stainless, as i see many are concerned with rust, not too sure if that one is available there though, its used a lot in field and marsh/quag here with great respect.

my two cents, i felt sorry for the russkies not getting a vote :P

Martin

Frank it may be to late to comment but my experience of Baikel is not for clays. My mate had one, still has it and it would kick harder than a horse. He never shoot much. Lamber would be better in my mind. That said he could get a good 2nd hand Berreta for not to much.

Ps take a look at my pictures on the .222