Kill ratio.................

Lancs Lad

It depends on how you want to shoot. If you are willing to let the birds nearly land before you take a shot. Then your average will be a lot higher, than if you are taking on every bird in range no matter what angle.

I started back shooting pigeon this year after a 2 year lay off. I thought i would be able to carry on where I had left off. :D:P:P Was not to be.

The first day out I had 62 shots for 19 pigeon. That was less than 30%. So I went back to basics, and let the birds come a bit closer. Yes my average improved but most of all it gave me confidence and got my swing back working. Now I am back shooting like I used to. And best of all I am not worrying about averages.

Some Pro shooters who do it day in day out will have something like a 90% average, some may even be higher. But they are there as pest control not for sport. If you are getting 40 to 50 % taking all comers then you are really doing well. If you miss a few don’t worry about it, just go back to basics.

By the way I am talking over decoys not flight shooting. Even the Pro's have a more mortal average when flight shooting.

Tiercel

1 in 3 generally,but like TC says when in the swing and shooting one land(ing/ed) and another going away,then the average goes up to 1in2 or better.

Now that I`ve said this I`ll have a slump :P

LL - Get a day with a coach and you will never bitch about the money you paid him :D

1 in 3 generally,but like TC says when in the swing and shooting one land(ing/ed) and another going away,then the average goes up to 1in2 or better.

Now that I`ve said this I`ll have a slump :good:

LL - Get a day with a coach and you will never bitch about the money you paid him :drinks:

Had some more coaching on the weekend, practice round on the clays with the coach giving advice, did quite well so he was happy, dont know how many I hit or missed, but think it was more positive than negative.

Did a round of sporting with verticals, left to rights, frontal incomers and high right to lefts into the sun. Scored 12 from 25 - I was hoping for a 50/50 so was chuffed with that.

Now if only I can bring that into the field........

Dave66 you have PM.

Did a round of sporting with verticals, left to rights, frontal incomers and high right to lefts into the sun. Scored 12 from 25 - I was hoping for a 50/50 so was chuffed with that.

Now if only I can bring that into the field........

Remember that clays will be decelerating and,in the main,Birds will be accelerating.

As Tommy Sheridan was heard to say(allegedly) "Swing faster" :drinks::good::D

on decoying pigeons around 70 %

bolting rabbits off the front of the land rover 50% if im lucky

22-250 missed only once so far this year but i have only killed about 22 foxes

.22 rim fire probably about 60%

Well I got my first kill tonight............so guess that makes me 27 to 1...................

Now Im back to zero.............so fingers crossed Im going to be 2 for 1........