Magnets

jules

I know that this is probably going over old ground, but I was shooting in South Africa recently and was trying to explain to my host what a pigeon magnet is. It seems they have some very good pigeon shooting over there with rock pigeons. He had never heard of them before and was very interested in the idea of making one himself (I explained that I didn't think it would be too hard for him to make one in his workshop.)

I seem to recall having seen somewhere on the web - maybe here - some plans for making your own magnet. Could anyone help me by providing a link or even posting some plans or dimensions that I could forward on to my friend in South Africa.

Many thanks for your help.

Many thanks. I had a root around using the search tools but only came up with a couple of photos and I was hoping for something a little more technical such as dimensions, motor strength etc.

On a slightly different tack, can anyone reccommend a good website for picking up some netting and poles, could use a few more deeks aswell and the shops around me have a rather over inflated opinion of themselves if their prices are anything to go by! :lol:

tircel, I suspect it will be very difficult for William to persuade Suppliers to advertise on the site, when members give them free publicity.

Its a very difficult area and fortunately, its not up to me to adjudicate.

A few Suppliers have had lots of free exposure, especially the one your link goes to.

Perhaps its time that some of them diverted a portion of their Marketing budget towards this site.

Cranfield,

As you are well aware, we've been negotiating this thing with William for some time.

Internet advertising is simply not cost effective, however, we have offered to pay the same rate as two other shooting websites want for us to advertise with them.

Also, our offer of competition sponsorship still stands, not to mention the freebies some have already had. We await Williams decision, and I spoke to him on the phone on Sunday re. this subject.

I remember a time when we were allowed to recommend products/suppliers to help each other out...so do you. :lol:

"Cranfield Posted: Apr 14 2002, 01:33 PM

Ace Pigeon Shooter

Group: Members

Member No.: 215

Having used the flock-covered decoys "in the field", I am even more impressed with them. From a distance they look far more realistic than the plastic ones.

I have never realised just how shiny the plastic ones are.

I bought these from N & S Shooting Supplies, Warrington ,Cheshire.

Ring Mike Newall on 01925 728057 or 01204 708930

They also have other pigeon shooting stuff, nets, hide poles etc.

Good price, excellent quality, highly reccommended "

There are plenty more where that came from should anyone care to do a search! :lol:

Deako, I think the situation in April 2002, is a little bit different that the situation in October 2003.

At that time N&S Shooting Supplies (originally recommended to me, by your goodself), were wholly sponsoring the occasional competition, or supplying prizes at "cost", which were purchased(by me) and given to the winner.

I,m suprised you think that Internet advertising is "not sucessful", as it is the largest growth area in Marketing for many years.

It certainly didn,t do the launch of your website any harm, to be mentioned on here.

Your discussions with William on advertising are nothing to do with me.

I am pleased that you are going to sponsor future competitions, as I,m sure all the members will be.

I don,t quite understand "the freebies" comment, so I assume that was not directed specifically at me.

I,m sure if William wants people to post the websites of potential advertisers, he will clarify the situation.

Ahem :lol: Thanks Highfield. Blimey - I had no idea what a Pandora's box I was opening with my last post :lol:

Anyway - the posts have been very helpful in finding some suppliers of kit so thanks for that. And yes, any diagrams, instructions for the rotary would be very welcome.