tikka T3 lite blued/synthetic

aister

I had a plastic stock as a spare for my stainless/laminate, mainly for lugging up hills in Scotland, but got fed up of swapping it on/off all the time so flogged it. I use the now laminate for everything, I don't wrap it in cotton wool I just use it.

The last two times it has been out, Scotland and Croatia it has got a proper soaking, all day long in Scotland but it just works - hence being called 'all weather'

The composite stock has absolutely nothing to do with a "Poor man" thing - thats nonsense...my rifle is more commonly used for lamping which can mean shooting from a mirror or window edge - a laminate stock will end up with lots of little dents and rough bits on it where it has sat on the window or mirror etc and where your front hold point is - I know this as I have had this and laminates can swell if moisture gets into the unprotected area. - a composite stock looks as good as the day it rolled out of the factory as long as you give it a wipe every now and again and you would really have to give it a wallop to get any significant marks in it., my gun is a tool to be used but it also has to be pleasing on the eye - and it has absolutely no accuracy issues down to a composite stock.

And I HAVE had Wood, Laminate and composite stocks on rifles.

If I was range shooting I would maybe have a laminate but for vehicle shooting, stalking and lugging up a high seat its a no brainer.

If it was for aesthetics alone I think a nice stutzen would be just the ticket - to me there are few rifles better looking than THIS

If it was for head shooting pheasants at 6 million yards I'd have an MHR with bespoke wet cloth stock.... :lol:

Regards,

Gixer

did yours shoot any differently with either Dunkield

Couldn't say to be honest, the only issue was the flex in the fore end, most noticeable shooting it off a bipod, but I 'fixed' that by pouring Devcon into the void and bedding the recoil lug in place.

The laminate stock just has a more solid feel to it, but I am not saying it makes it is any more accurate, as I never tested the 2 side by side.

Well guys I have gone with the poor mans choice and ordered a T3 lite blued/synthetic, should hopefully be here before xmas. I cant wait to tell my wife, she is going to be thrilled.

The best Christmas presents are always the ones you buy for yourself.

Don't forget to post pictures of all your kills for cockeras to see

Well guys I have gone with the poor mans choice and ordered a T3 lite blued/synthetic, should hopefully be here before xmas. I cant wait to tell my wife, she is going to be thrilled.

You wont be disappointed in the rifle regardless what some will say,maybe their lacking in an other department and have to compensate.

Couldn't say to be honest, the only issue was the flex in the fore end, most noticeable shooting it off a bipod, but I 'fixed' that by pouring Devcon into the void and bedding the recoil lug in place.

The laminate stock just has a more solid feel to it, but I am not saying it makes it is any more accurate, as I never tested the 2 side by side.

Hi Dunkield, two questions for you, did you buy the laminate stock on its own, if so where. I spent alot of time on my wooden stocks and they are mint just they are not so rock, bramble, me proof, be nice to have a tough stock for some of the areas I shoot in.Been looking for a differant stock for ages. Secondly, did you just devcon the recoil lug into the stock or super glue it to the action first etc

Hi Dunkield, two questions for you, did you buy the laminate stock on its own, if so where. I spent alot of time on my wooden stocks and they are mint just they are not so rock, bramble, me proof, be nice to have a tough stock for some of the areas I shoot in.Been looking for a differant stock for ages. Secondly, did you just devcon the recoil lug into the stock or super glue it to the action first etc

No it came with the rifle.

Like this

Tikka1.jpg

You will be very lucky to find one in my experience, when I thought I was just going use the plastic stock I advertised the laminate one in Gunmart and the phone rang off the hook.

They were over £400 from GMK, not sure how much they are now.

The only alternative is go down the Boyds or Richards Micro Fit route.

To 'bed' the lug I put release agent on the lower action and dropped it into the stock with the devcon and lug already in there, got it central and just pinched the screws up a little.

After that the action dropped into exactly the same place every time, I will do the same to the laminate some time soon.

My .22-250 (synthetic / blued) shoots straight, out of the box - when I get my poo together. I sold my RWS Titan wooden stocked rifle as it was a bit heavy (3 disks removed from your spine makes you much more aware of weight). I find the action on the Tikka to be much smoother and lighter. The only thing that I find to be on the minus side of the comparison table is the barrel flip. With the heavier RWS I could see the impacts, but the Tikka jumps too much for that. It still hits what I'm pointing it at though (I practice on yellow tennis balls at 180~220 meters depending on which permission I'm on).

I doubt you will be disappointed with your new kit.