Tip or joint for trigger pull?

BerettaEELL

I was taught to use the pad at the tip of your finger to pull the trigger (distal phalanx), it is more sensitive to pressure which is critical for long range rifle shooting. Does anyone have any comments regarding shotguns, is it better to use the joint due to the quick pull required?

I do suppose most of you will say "do what is most comfortable", however changes in areas like this can make a big difference to your hit rate.

When i used to shoot air rifle targets it was the accepted norm to use the pad .Apparently if the blade of the trigger is in the crook of the joint it can cause the rifle to pull slightly to the left.

I ended up using one of these trigger shoes ,

This brass trigger shoe is ideal for those shooters who wish to customise their trigger and give themselves a more comfortable trigger pull and a more uniformed grip.

The shoe fits most trigger blades and simply tightens in place with a two grub screws.

Trigger_shoe.gif

Product

Description

Price

WhiteLine.gif

Trigger Shoe

Brass Trigger Shoe

Misc_Trigger_Shoe.gif

Apparently if the blade of the trigger is in the crook of the joint it can cause the rifle to pull slightly to the left.

Exactly what I was taught, when shooting at 100+ yds this can have a massive impact on hit rates. In the US many pistol shooters use the joint. Thanks for the comments, you never know what answers you will get.

Have a great Christmas everyone.

I feel as though I have more control when using the joint of the finger. It feels more direct..........there's no flesh having to compress before the trigger does what it's supposed to do !!

I have shot this way for years, and have tried pad many times..............it has to be joint for me guys !!

With that finger flesh taken out of the mix...............it surely must be a tad faster ( from decision to bang ) lol