At last my 100th squirrel

evo

finally got my 100th squirrel this morning for the year and an un suspecting woodpigeon above him who didn,t even flinch when the squirrel was shot, my aim for this year was a 100 and i,ve made it,happy days

rifle = Daystate Huntsman Classic 11.6ftlb zero,d at 35 yrds

pellets = JSB Exact 15.89 grain

squirrel was shot at 32yrds and the pigeon at 40yrds(slight right to left wind on the pigeon)

http://youtu.be/w-TRadxPPMY

Edited by evo

finally got my 100th squirrel this morning for the year and an un suspecting woodpigeon above him who didn,t even flinch when the squirrel was shot, my aim for this year was a 100 and i,ve made it,happy days

rifle = Daystate Huntsman Classic 11.6ftlb zero,d at 35 yrds

pellets = JSB Exact 15.89 grain

squirrel was shot at 32yrds and the pigeon at 40yrds(slight right to left wind on the pigeon)

http://youtu.be/w-TRadxPPMY

Great stuff mate!! :good:

What camera have you on your scope, if you dont mind me asking?

funny thing is ,,out of 100 only two have been males,,strange but true

I had the opposite, back in spring and early summer at least. Red Squirrels Northern England rangers have also reported trapping many males with few females, as have many volunteer trappers.

Males roam over wider areas than females (during the breeding season), so why you've had almost no males is baffling.

Edited by Reece

I would say at least 80% of the squirrels I have shot this year have been female and most of the males I have shot have been youngsters so not sure whats going on down here, Ihope it doesnt effect the shooting too much next year although I guess the aim is to get rid of them all, doubt that will ever happen some how!!

Well done with the squirrel, but what crops were you protecting when you shot the Woody? What were you recording with?

why is there always one ???? the crops i was protecting were my clover crops on my high grade lawn if thats ok for ya,,and i was recording with a camera