sgc..time scale

washerboy

South wales took 2weeks from posting to ticket in hand for my sgc! And 8 weeks for my FAC but land was already cleared as that sped things up. Id give them a ring and say you was just wondering which part of the process your application was at?

Usually youll recieve a call within 6weeks after your application has been processed to arrange an interview ( formal chat ) with your FEO. He or she will go through your application etc going through basic gun safety e.g. Never carry your gun loaded in a slip, always treat it as if its loaded, never point your gun in a unsafe direction etc just basically making sure your not a lunatic then he or she may ask to see your safe ( if youve fitted it ) if you have then it will speed things up as it will save the revist to recheck its secure etc if he or she is happy with it. DO NOT TELL HIM OR HER WHERE YOUR KEYS ARE or ANYONE and let him to nw the fact that only you have access to your keys at all times.

Hopethis helps

Youll be fine

All the best

Lewis

Edited by lewis2012

hi all fairly new to shooting have sent off my aplication for sgc and was just wondering about what sort of things the firearms officer will ask and want to know when he comes for a interview ive got my cabinet installed and just would like to know of any common questions just bit unsure

thanks muchley :good:

hi all fairly new to shooting have sent off my aplication for sgc and was just wondering about what sort of things the firearms officer will ask and want to know when he comes for a interview ive got my cabinet installed and just would like to know of any common questions just bit unsure

thanks muchley :good:

See post number 8 above - will give you the info you need to know. It's not so much a strict Q&A session, it's more for them to get a feel for you, your attitude and the way you conduct yourself.

Just relax, make sure you have good biscuits to go with the pot of tea you'll make for them and you're off to a good start.