BETTINSOLI - anyone heard of it? good or bad shotgun brand?

YoungShotJonny

No idea about the universal, but Bettinsoli are (in my opinion) as good as any other. I shoot a Bettinsoli Overland EL in 12g, use it for clays, pigeons, rabbiting, the lot. Probably put 2000 shells through it in the last few months.

It had a (minor) fault when I got it, but since that was fixed (by RFD, and not expensive) it hasn't let me down at all.

They used to have problems a friend had 1 it double discharged a lot shop swapped it after 1000 or so cartridges the new one double discharged from time to time he took it back got a Lanber

Our club has 2 brand new ones and we have put a lot through them in the last year or so no major issues rust easily in our humid gun room but no mechanical issues.

I feel they have spent to much trying to make a budget gun look expensive but could have done with that cash spent elsewhere. I would buy a Lanber in that price bracket.

good budget guns :good:

Exactly this ^^^. I too owned a Diamond for just over a year, it broke a firing pin but that could happen with any gun. Other than that it was all good once I de-gunked the action, it was caked almost solid with grease by the previous owner!!!

Put well over 3000 cartridges through it with only the pin to show for it. Looked as good when I sold it as when I bought it, and I only lost £50 on the resale.

Had a bettinsoli deluxe, was a great gun, used it for game and clays, few thousand cartridges and not a single problem. Oiled the stock and it looked like a much more expensive gun. Being a sucker for a gun with a side plate- I just got a beretta el. Much much better gun, can't say why- just feels much better and oozes a more refined quality. Having said that the price difference is significant. If I had never had the beretta I would have still been as happy as can be with the bettinsoli. Think they are a fantastic gun for the money.