22-250 and 223 reloading?

Hi im strongly thinking about starting to reload my own rifle bullets. would be doing it for 223, 22-250 and 308. I have very limited knowledge in reloading and really just need some help on what sorta kit i need to buy to get me set up. Also what sort of powder. Any help welcome cheers!

Kit wise advice varies but I prefer a press rather than hitting bits with a hammer which is the cheap option, If you have a look at one of the lee aniversary kits they are the budget entry level kits then you move up to RCBS rock chucker kit depending what you want to spend. Then you need a set of dies and something to measure rounds with ideally.

Powder wise I think Varget would do all 3, I've used it with excellent results on .223 and a mate uses it in his 308. 22-250 is listed on hogdons site so sounds fine.

It really depends on how many rounds you want to reload. If you are going to make a small number then a Lee Classic Loader could be for you at around £25 per caliber or if you want a press then the Lee Kits are cheapish and contain almost everything you need, these are around £100 with dies for each caliber being around £40 each.

I reload 100 .223 rounds each month on my Lee Classic Loader and find it no sweat.

RCBS kit if you have no mentor to guide you, add a Lee hand primer and the specific shell holders for this device. std shell holders for the cases in question and fl sizing dies and bullet seater dies and your off kit wise.

each load will perform at its best with different powders, some powders are wide ranging but is it worth it? three to go at and a tub will last a very short time.

One tip use the very best brass, bullets and primers you can afford for purpose

• 1 month later...

Lee hand press, £45

Lee die set £30-40

Digital calipers £15

Lee priming tool £30

3 Loading trays (a must IMO for safety) £15

Lee scales £30

You'll be pushing it for 3 calibres tho bud. I'm only just getting into it and I spent 2+ months reading and researching what I was doing.