Off road tyres for Ford Ranger

phil moss

V8 that's because they are cheaper, I've gone to 245's on my l200 no speedo error and improves economy slightly. For the op check out the size 31 x 10.5 x 15 they are within 3% of the original size and I'm fairly sure you can get BFG's in that size

Edited by al4x

Just had 4 x Yokohama Geolander A/T-S to my Hilux double cab in 255/70 R15, £94 each fully fitted through Black Circle. They are a cracking tyre, not loud on the road and get a great B rating for the handling on wet tarmac. Unfortunately with everything they have a downfall in that they have a G rating for fuel econemy. I still think they were worth it though.

I know someone that has been running his for years on special tracks with no problem, the wear rate is not bad at all. They are £383 for 4 from paddock spares in 265/75/16. I use my disco as a every day car, as well as using it to do the feeders and then take it to a pay and play off road day. Performs well in all 3 roles. The keeper has got BFG muds on his defender and has got stuck were i haven't.

They are the be all and end all of all tyres (as long as you don't like to go over 65 mph) as far as I'm concerned

Edited by Gilberts1989

The 65mph is the issue with anything decent, my at2's weren't much more than that and you get a new tyre not a remould

Yeh but you get stuck, I don't lol, plus I have a lot more rubber than AT's

My friend has general grabber 2's on and one of his tyres tread started to come away at the side wall within only a few months of fitting them and they don't see anything apart from tarmac. They aren't remolds.

Remolds have this bad press for falling apart and blowing out, now maybe a few years ago they did but now eu testing is so strict, it's unheard of.

I know you want AT's but they are pretty useless as off road tyres (like the title says that there intended use is for). mine are a bit extream for everyone to be fair, but the insa turbo Dakar are a good tread and not too aggressive or noisy but still have the capability

• 7 months later...