Humping spaniel

Wasting lead

For the humping; distract him or remove him. It'll be tedious and repetitive - but he'll get it in the end.

Aggression towards other dogs could be something from just a phase to serious. Could you explain more about what situations he shows aggression in?

Cause he thinks he's the man, aversive training on a continuous basis should help... in other words, bad behaviour, tell him off. He sound quite a "hard" dog but that may be totally wrong. A slap on the **** and a loud "NO" works for me.

You need to get him in check.

Edited by WGD

Cause he thinks he's the man, aversive training on a continuous basis should help... in other words, bad behaviour, tell him off. He sound quite a "hard" dog but that may be totally wrong. A slap on the **** and a loud "NO" works for me.

You need to get him in check.

:friends: I agree, the dog needs putting in his place.

He is aggression towards other dogs because he is getting to think he is higher up the pecking order than he is.

Give it a good bloody slap and say no!

Edited by Actionpigeons

Just walking around and when he comes into contact with other male dogs he stands over them growling deeply and any movement form the other dog is met by a bark but with bitches he just sniffs and try's to mount.

Oops forgot about this.

Well if it was one of mine, I would stop him from practising this behaviour - especially with other dogs - he does it to the wrong dog and you have a few vet bills on your hands or even worse.

Sorry if thats no help. I've never had a dog that would do this sort of thing.

:friends: I agree, the dog needs putting in his place.

He is aggression towards other dogs because he is getting to think he is higher up the pecking order than he is.

Give it a good bloody slap and say no!

yep, but do it before it goes critical- by that I mean its not wise to slap a dog that's well in the red zone, a swift jab in the ribs etc before it reaches that point is good - ie pre-empt it very slightly and then distract it like eto suggested but yes bring it down a peg or two

Funniest thing I saw was a lab pup I had pestering the hell out of an old spaniel bitch who had been spayed. She got fed up and gave him some of his own medicine, drilling him into the corner of the kennel for a while... they lived in perfect harmony as kennel mates for a while after that :lol:

Edited by WGD