fixed choke.

Guest jonrms

I have a chance to buy a browning fixed choke semi auto... and what i think is a good price.. but i wont tell you the price..... because its from another member and i am happy with the price....

anyway my question is ... does it matter if i am pigeon shooting or clay... to weather its fixed or has choke.... will it effect the distance etc...

whats the pros and cons

I need to know asap as I might hand over my money tonight or tommorow.... thank you.

That would depend on what the choke is. If it is about 1/4 to 1/2 then it is not an issue. To be honest whatever the choke is will not affect the way you shoot.

If you like the gun and you feel that it handles well and you could shoot rerasonably well with it then buy it.

You won't go wrong with a Browning :look:

If your shooting from a hide at 25+ yards then even full choke should down your birds.

It's the nut behind the gun that counts if your a good shot and a good judge of speed and amount of lead needed like i say even full will be fine.

If your shooting sub 30 yards sure the pattern will be a tad tighter but you should STILL be able to make it count.

That is of course unless you with to take 3 to 4 pigeons in 1 shot :look:

LG

If your shooting from a hide at 25+ yards then even full choke should down your birds.

It's the nut behind the gun that counts if your a good shot and a good judge of speed and amount of lead needed like i say even full will be fine.

If your shooting sub 30 yards sure the pattern will be a tad tighter but you should STILL be able to make it count.

LG

Come on .... do tell... how many times have you been able to take more than one pigeon down... be honest.... as the saying or shall i say question goes...

are all hunters liers..... or are all liers hunters???

I've got a multi choke gun and to be honest except for trap disciplines I used 1/4 and 1/2 for everything. If you buy a fixed choke gun with a 1/4 choke you'll still be able to kill pigeons humanely at 40 yds (depending on cartridge and shot choice) and not blow them to kingdom come at 20 yds.....as long as your good enough to hit them of course :look:

LG

Come on .... do tell... how many times have you been able to take more than one pigeon down... be honest.... as the saying or shall i say question goes...

are all hunters liers..... or are all liers hunters???

Once MANY moons ago i shot a woody in a tree with a old Diana and the pellet went through the woody and hit it's partner knocking them BOTH out the tree.

As with shotguns i HAVE got 2 birds at once at less than 20 yards with 3/4 choke :lol:

Ok it WAS a fluke but it IS possible.

LG

Duncan Lawton won the World FITASC Sporting Championship with his half choke Remington 1100 - twice if memory serves. Multichokes are a fashion - some may argue. George Digweed - won more World Championships than you can point a stick at - does not use a multi. Some will say he doesn't need to because he is so good. That is true, but he can afford to have any gun - manufacturers will rush to give him one, but he has fixed chokes. He reasons that it is one les thing to worry about.