Need a change.... things going bad

jasper3

mate i feel your pain , work is **** at the moment and gona get worse. last week i was told to earn more money get some brazilians because thay will work for £30 a day this was from a russian bloke ,sorry but i dont no many brazilians and i dont belive in slave labour .

The trouble is there are a lot of blokes out there who are prepared to work for £30 a day.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mate i feel your pain , work is **** at the moment and gona get worse. last week i was told to earn more money get some brazilians because thay will work for £30 a day this was from a russian bloke ,sorry but i dont no many brazilians and i dont belive in slave labour .

How the hell is shaving your pubes off gonna get you more work......and i certainly wouldn't do it for £30 :lol:

What you after do is diversify we are building contractors but have bought cherry pickers two off and we do small quick joob for home owners councils and tree surgeons in and out and safe very quick we have a ex bt 12mt and a 16 meter both on van mount we repair gutters roofs and everything else

All you need is to get yourself a package from a company that sells server space.

Try www.123ehost.com they are reasonable enough and you will have very minimal downtime if any. They are also very helpful if you have any issues and don't charge extra like some companies do.

You can also buy a domain name from them as well. If you get the Ultra package and a domain it will cost you about $110USD then if needs be you can take a business package from them which is about $275.

They have a easy to use control panel with website software scripts already pre installed and you can use those to create your own website.

I have used them and the software e107 it is very simple to do and you can make a site as large or as small as possible, most of the stuff is added plugins so you can add a photo gallery, video galley, pages, guest books etc all for free. You can get many free themes as well to change the appearance and if you wanted a specially designed theme you can find guys that will do that for a fee.

But it's a good way to get started with a website. Once you know if its going to take off you can then go down the route if paying someone to design you a professional website. But they can be very expensive. The cheap guys tend to be cheap for a reason and they also usually have to do the updates to it and then get the rest of their money from doing that.

If you need any help just drop me a PM

Hi Lads..just a quick update.....one of my friends is building a website for me..looking really good..and he is doing it for free,

i have been doing some foot slogging to perspective customers , and am getting a good response...i won't say what the business is yet until i am up and running..but i was amazed at one comment another friend said

his words..you seem to be under selling your self.... when i asked him what this meant..he said i was going in to cheap.... so i pointed out..i would rather work 4 hrs and make £50 than sit home for 4 hours and make nothing... Ummm

anyway..ile keep you posted :good:

Feeling a little more up beat now :yes:

jasp

Good on you mate !! I had a post up a few weeks ago asking something very similar ? Since then iv already bought some materials and reg with 123 about a domain name ?!

All the best to you in what ever you decide to do !

I can't live the rest of my life thinking "what if" so I need to try and and have a go ...

Good luck ?

M1

fair play to both of u ,ive been very lucky in work and even when i got laid off in the early 90.s took anyjob going,chicken factory,shopwork store defective anything to get a wage now id have to set up on my own if the worst happened i aint eastern european and wont work 72 hours a week below minimumwage.theyre loonys but once they get a full time contract boy does their work ethic STOP :no: .thats why theres so many british who cant get a job .good luck with your new buisiness and dont forget to claim everything back from the taxman .if your accountant has a bicycle you can trust him ,if he has a bentley u been had :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by clakk

Nothings impossible - is my little saying. I set my business up, after leaving a job 'by reason of compromise' for which I travelled and worked in a lot of different places in the world, with a 7k loan (from parents) earn't sweet FA the first 4-6 months but after 2.5yrs, I went Ltd about 6 months ago, now I turn over on average anywhere from 15 to 10k a month and wouldn't look back or work for anyone else. My business couldnt be further away from what I used to do, I was/have been, a project manager and purchasing manager within the shopfitting industry (its all I've ever done) now I play with poo :lol: :lol: :lol: and thats a long story

Wish I could find someone for 30 quid a day, save me a fortune :yes:

I'm always on the lookout for occasional labour.

Good luck in whatever you choose, just remember Rome wasn't built in a day, never give up and you will succeed