Dodgy .410 chamber!!!

syborg

Good question;it grieves me to scrap any gun,but if it's absolutely unsafe then I suppose there's no choice.If there are any salvageable parts which don't constitute a 'firearm' as such,then remove them.Your RFD could advise,or may even be able to make use of some parts.Handing in to the Police has to be a last resort in my opinion.

I've no idea pigeonsniper, but the costs and reproofing would be more than the gun is worth. Just the reamer to cut the forcing cone in the chamber is best part of £100.

before you do anything as rash as giving it in to the police take it to a gunsmith for an apraisial (gunsmith not a gun dealer ) and take advice as to what is possible or cost effective

Edited by Canis

Yes, that .410 of yours has been messed with,, I have a .410 of belgian manufacture and the only "step" is indeed 77mm ,,..and the chamber running up to that step is as smooth as a baby"s bum...So i would get that checked out m8... Do not fire it ..Let us know how you get on... Best regards ,

I didnt think having it deact`d cost that much, i seem to have thought he figure was about 50quid for some reason. Ive seen a lot of dealers selling de-act`d shotguns for £100, so if it costs more than that then they must be making a loss.

If you do scrap it, id sell the stock on ebay, these .410 "poacher" guns very often have damaged stocks, so a good one on ebay can fetch £25 alone!!!