Rat Pack

Markr

I retired from working dogs a few years back (after our government decided to ban coursing) but my 14 year old is obsessed with all forms of field sports so weve just been and bought 2 border pups so he can train them up for ratting etc.

only 2 of the 3 are ours.

8138934-181-640x480_zpsa0f4013e.jpg

flynny i'd hoped he wouldnt but he's obsessed with everything ferreting,shooting, fishing its a shame he wasnt born 40 years ago before field sports in this country were ruined but succesive governments. (rant over)

That's the excuse you have given the wife eh, nudge nudge wink wink ha, it's the lads fault that were out shooting ratting etc ha, ha ,ha

Atb

Flynny

Mark, has our mark picked that trap up yet ?

Atb

Flynny

How can you leave the other one, get all three.

One for the wife.

Figgy

haha the othere one had already been sold, but 2's enough MORE THAN ENOUGH.

anyone want a call when im letting them out, 3am, 3.30am, 4am, 4.15am etc lol. nah hoping it doesnt come to it with there being 2 but a few nights crying will soon let them realise crying doesnt bring attention (naibours have been warned)

well pups slept right through 11pm till 6.30am when i woke them.

down side my lad got up with very badly swollen watering eyes and sneezing when playing with the pups, so hes gone off to school a very unhappy lad as ive told him if he allergic to them they will need to go he's gutted.

but hes took an antihistamine so lets see how he is tonight when he comes out of school and when he's played with the pups.

well pups slept right through 11pm till 6.30am when i woke them.

down side my lad got up with very badly swollen watering eyes and sneezing when playing with the pups, so hes gone off to school a very unhappy lad as ive told him if he allergic to them they will need to go he's gutted.

but hes took an antihistamine so lets see how he is tonight when he comes out of school and when he's played with the pups.

Fancy a border me self. Got a beddy x whippet when I bought him home my daughter 3 at the time had streaming eyes nose and hives. Passed within a day or two so good luck fella!

Karpman

cheers mate

were going to go down all avenues, dogs having good bath to be sure theres nothing on them causing it as they were raised in kennels so might be something off the bedding etc.

maybe a trip to docs if anti histermines seem to work about him staying on them long term.

suggested kenneling them for him but he wants them in the house so fingers crossed its either nothing to do with the pups (unlikely) or we can manage it for him.

my sister was allergic to cats, so she got 4, being in constant contact with them but still taking the odd bit of medication, she got over it, I think removing whatever your allergic too doesn't solve problems,

saying that, if you really need to get rid, bring them down to essex I'll have them :)

cheers stubby, when he was born he had an allergy to dairy products so was put on soya milk, i didnt like that so i decided to try and desensatize him to dairy products so i started giving him small amounts at first he flared up but over several years he started to handle dairy products now he eats ice cream, chocolate etc with no effect just cheese and onione crisp now he cant go near or he really flares up.

hes always had dogs around him whippets/lurchers and never been effected so hopefully we can sort it or at least maanage it.

plan is

wash dogs

keep kieren on anti histermines for a few month if they halp then slowly reduce the amount taken in the hopes hopes his body accepts it like it did with the dairy products (doctors told me that would never work at the time)

PG

cracking pup,had a border 30 years ago (christ i sound old) always said id get another when we lost her, such loyal fiesty little dogs

cheers mate.

only bathing them in case they've something on them of the old bedding thats causing it, otherwise unless one of my dogs come back filthy they stay as they are except for a rinse in warm water.

he's just text from school his eyes have eased a lot so i'll keep him on the anti hystermines then gradualy decrease the dose so he can build up his tollerance of them.

must say for pups reared outside they are very clean so far and settling in very quickly.