buying from the usa

mikky

My son ordered a sweatshirt through Amazon which was delivered by FedEx. A few days later an invoice arrived from FedEx for about £6 tax and £12 "administration fee".

Nick

You are lucky it arrived a few days later. they usually want the money up front before they will deliver

Fedex have just done same to me - stuffed me with a £50 bill on something I sent to US to be repaired -- I am contesting it at moment - If I have to pay it was still a well worth while repair and cheaper than having it done here.

Other stuff I have had from US provided it's marked under about $20 then never paid duty.

Dave

Got a magazine for a savage from states, took a while but came in normal post no charges, but a good friend across the road gets lots of parcels from states as he is from Texas originally and sometimes has tax to pay and sometimes free, says no logic to it.

S

Fedex have just done same to me - stuffed me with a £50 bill on something I sent to US to be repaired -- I am contesting it at moment - If I have to pay it was still a well worth while repair and cheaper than having it done here.

Other stuff I have had from US provided it's marked under about $20 then never paid duty.

Dave

you should get away fine with that but it should have been noted on the customs declaration it was sent with. If you provide proof it was sent and repaired you should get the charges removed

al4x

It was noted both with UPS going and still got stung with $25 US duty - and repairer made sure on package but I think insurance value upset them a bit .

I have sent copies of all sending and receiveing documents and repair bill to Fedex.

Just hoping for best now.

dave