Cows **** and banjo

sitsinhedges

Anyone else have days like this ???

Been shooting out of my socks lately with the limited opportunities I've had roost shooting, hitting birds I didn't think I should have got yet today 3 birds for about 15 cartridges. Admittedly they were curling in and tending to be thru the clutter of small branches and twigs but nevertheless frustrating.

One of those I picked got a headshot with the first barrel and then just started flying above me in circles whilst I missed it again and again until it crashed to the floor and I collected it to finish off.

Damned annoying as I got the other two birds quite early and things were looking good :mad:

Ha ha your not alone I regularly shoot well for months and then have a drop in form, don't know why as everything is the same, must be me not reading them right.

Very frustrating.

Figgy

Frustrating!?

Try been me..miss more than I hit, I swear I wasn't as poor a shot a couple years ago, don't know whats happened

Yeah my forestock is away for repair after a crack, went out yesterday with the pump that rarely sees the light of day and went 17 for one.

Frustrating isn't the word lol, and the one I hit took the full pattern over 12 pellets in it go figure lol.

Karpman

We all have days when you can hit all the birds you aim at and you think " that's it I've cracked it".

Then you have the misses especially through branches. I had one yesterday , to much lead In front and it just kept climbing I managed to reload and totally missed it on the next shot and hit it with the second.

I had a day some years ago when I was crow

shooting With a very strong left to right wind and I missed the first five or six birds until I realised that at the point of shot the birds were static or even gliding rearwards so I just blocked them out and hit them.

We all have days when you can hit all the birds you aim at and you think " that's it I've cracked it".

Then you have the misses especially through branches. I had one yesterday , to much lead In front and it just kept climbing I managed to reload and totally missed it on the next shot and hit it with the second.

I had a day some years ago when I was crow

shooting With a very strong left to right wind and I missed the first five or six birds until I realised that at the point of shot the birds were static or even gliding rearwards so I just blocked them out and hit them.

+1 Pigeon markmanship for me has been abysmal, 20 shots at the Club shoot last night three birds down two lodged in pine trees so only one picked, and its been the same since the first pigeon shoot in early Feb. Just keep throwing lead in the air until things improve.

Blackpowder