Firefighters on PW

JimLondon

I find that bit quite good fun. Most behave when you remove the audience, and the unconscious ones are easy to manage. Knowing how to treat and manage conditions such as anaphylaxis and asthma, and seeing the patient fully recover when without my intervention they could have easily died is a great thing.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find that bit quite good fun. Most behave when you remove the audience, and the unconscious ones are easy to manage. Knowing how to treat and manage conditions such as anaphylaxis and asthma, and seeing the patient fully recover when without my intervention they could have easily died is a great thing.

...but joining with them at the gates of death is what FF`s do, you guys sort it out afterwards.

Just 3.5? Our new ones are 4.2t, and handle like a sail boat!

To be honest don't know how much they weigh just know its over 3.5t,your new ones fiat/renault?if so i know what you mean,even so still end up waiting at scene asking where the drip stands are to request their catering van (other services not quite aswell looked after as FF's)

Edited by westmids1987

Fiat and Citroen and a few vauxhalls. The trouble is with the slow, over enthusiastic water fairies is they always block us in on scene! So we arrive first, sort people out and then wait for them to arrive and cut the battery cable, then while they are blowing smoke up each others rings we are trying to manoeuvre past them to finish the job!

I have got to laugh at the "we get there first comments" from the taxi drivers lol Response times dont make me laugh :lol: :lol: :lol: In most parts of the country you only make response times as you get "1st responders" otherwise known as volunteer taxi drivers to get there for you with their bag of magic sponges and their fiesta van, they stand about until you manage to drop off your drunks and toddle up after 20mins when us fireys are all is done and dusted, thats when you see us "blowing smoke up each others rings" :good:

Edited by m3vert

Sadly, at the moment I have to agree with that. The ambulance response has gone to the dogs recently. And don't get me started about our "responders", the theory behind them is great, but the way they are used to stop the clock is disgusting.

:good: yeah very poor indeed :oops:

Thats just one of the reasons why we are better than you guys :friends:

Sadly, at the moment I have to agree with that. The ambulance response has gone to the dogs recently. And don't get me started about our "responders", the theory behind them is great, but the way they are used to stop the clock is disgusting.

Agree on the responder bit,Seems a nessassry evil these days,that gets me to the big difference betweem fire vs ambo/police our demand has been going up up up,yet theirs is goin down so of course the can be sat at station/gym liked coiled springs (more like slinkeys) discussing how there much better yet always have to look at the man with the white hat to let them know what they should be doin :-)

It seems that all of the services are being propped up by volunteers these days..... Ambulances are often crewed by 2 technicians who aren't able to administer drugs or they send a first responder, as said, to stop the clock. We even had an ambulance arrive here in Suffolk that came from Colchester a while ago.

Then there's Trumpton. Ok if your house is on fire during the working day. After that you have to wait until Peter the postman, Eric the window cleaner and their mates to get out of bed get to the station then argue whose turn it is to go out on the nee naar before the appliance leaves.

As for my lot, we regularly have more hobby bobbies and Pcso's on duty than regular officers.

Ps. We do think that the water fairies look a bit Gay in the gold suits they have now lol

Edited by ozzy518

It seems that all of the services are being propped up by volunteers these days..... Ambulances are often crewed by 2 technicians who aren't able to administer drugs or they send a first responder, as said, to stop the clock. We even had an ambulance arrive here in Suffolk that came from Colchester a while ago.

Then there's Trumpton. Ok if your house is on fire during the working day. After that you have to wait until Peter the postman, Eric the window cleaner and their mates to get out of bed get to the station then argue whose turn it is to go out on the nee naar before the appliance leaves.

As for my lot, we regularly have more hobby bobbies and Pcso's on duty than regular officers.

Ps. We do think that the water fairies look a bit Gay in the gold suits they have now lol

Just going to get worse 'big society',why pay someone when theres people out there who think their helping by volunteering,in small villages yes but in major towns and cities there should be enough paid full time fire/police/ambo to serve the community. If people didnt volunteer the services/government would have to employ more paid fully trained ambo/fire/police,

p.s our ambo technicians can administer quite a few drugs

what i would like to see is the little **** that attack the crews when they turn up to a job put in the middle of a burning building and told to find their own way out.

Fully agree, saw a prpgramme about this some years ago aboiut here in W Yorks. Why can you not turn your hoses on them?

Fully agree, saw a prpgramme about this some years ago aboiut here in W Yorks. Why can you not turn your hoses on them?

If only we could but those pesky police officers would arrest us for assualt ;) I had a young lad lie directly infront of the fire appliance once night preventing us from mobilising to a job! It wasnt until they heard the Police car that they moved!! believe me when I say we get cheesed off as do the police and taxi drivers!

I feel a dig at the "on call" fire-fighters here...lol .... And that from someone who works for an organisation employing both those with power and uniform but not getting paid (specials) and then there are the plastic policemen (Pcso's) with no power and getting paid! both sets fall into the catagory of "wannabies."

The Pcso's working around us have now been issued with handcuffs and have been told they can use them while carrying out a citizens arrest, but if the police don't arrive within 20 minutes they have to take the handcuffs off...lol...

I've heard that the police authorities across the country are going to substitute more police officers with Pcso's. Apparently they work a lot harder for a lot less money, they don't spend all their time watching tv eating douhnuts and they really do want to catch the real criminals.....lol

P.S: I think I'd rather look a bit Gay ( as you put it) in the gold fire kit, than like a fat yellow lolly-pop....lol.....oh and just to worry you even more, in most rural brigades in the Uk you are more likely to get Trumpton in the day as well as in the evening. The positive side to that is we do exactly the same job and also pay tax and national insurance on both wages, so no hobbling here...lol

Edited by KPV4