give up or not?

elmar fudd

I would not rush in to selling your gear.Give it a bit of time and think it over.

Have you got someone you could go out with for a bit of company.

It can be a bit of a chore when you are shooting by yourself and it is quiet or a slow day.

Saying that i always manage to shoot better when by myself.

See if you can get out with a few other members off here as it might make you feel invigorated again.

Make sure you go out with the right ones or you might decide to sell up quickly. :lol:

i used to do alot of fishing but the same thing happened, i do still go occasionly but not much, once every couple of months maximum perhaps should kick in again

fudd

I'm the same i am taking a break from fishing as i really got into shooting, but i have kept my gear knowing one day the fishing urge will hit me again ;)

Been there, got the T-shirt, the mug and the towel. I used to play golf 3-4 times a week, HFT shooting every other Sunday, clays every week, shoot the bunnies at the golf course and pigeon shooting every week. Lets face it the weather has been carp this last season. I have'nt been able to get up to shoot the bunnies because of the weather recently. Last time I went to shoot the bunnies I should have taken a snorkel and flippers. So wet I came off early. Lost the passion for golf, (fed up with dragging my buggy through the mud and water).

Won't sell me gear as I know the bug will come back, it's just when? :sad1: :sad1:

Edited by Uncle Albert

If doing something does not offer you any joy any more then give it a rest for a while. If after some period away from the activity you give it another go and still does not make you happy then turn around and do not look back. But it might turn out you do enjoy it again...

for the past few weeks/couple of months whenever ive been out either clays or quarry i havent been finding it as enjoyable as i used to, i dont know if its just a spell im going through or if im just losing interest, and its been on my mind on the past week or so as to whether to stop shooting, including selling up all my guns and equipment, but im struggling to make a decision, what would you do if you were beginning to find shooting less enjoyable?

Don't sell your equipment. Quite a lot of people lose interest for a while and then get back into it later. Sometimes people just go through phases where they can't be bothered, but they then get back into it later on.

iv been there, i quit fishing about 8 years ago because i was only going 4 times a year and sold all my gear for next to nothing. i Immediately regretted it. Luckily the bloke who i sold it to was a mate and let me buy it back. i didnt realise how much gear id collected and it would have cost me upwards of 2k to buy it new, shooting is the same really. I wouldnt sell anything now unless it was costing me money to keep it.

i have this at the moment. after leaving keepering i just cant be ***** shooting, i think abecause i used to shoot pretty much for a liveing its lost its flair! like deer stalking it just seems too much hard work, i used to go to the hill on a quad stalk a couple of roe do the larder work paperwork and hose down and it was work. but now i cant be *****! ive been fox lamping once in 4 week where as in december i lamped 19 nights!

I have in the past thought about packing in as i was shooting literally every day and at that point the shine rubbed off for a little while so what i did was i started fishing again and mixed that in with it! I think the amount of money i was spending on ammo seemed to outway my enjoyment for the sport but it soon came back and in the last 5years iv not wanted to pack in again and to be honest its a way of life for me now and i would not change it! If i was you (original poster) give it time after all ur guns arnt spending money if your not using them, maybe get into another hobbie your interest will come back but its entirely your choice buddy!

Atb