homemade nightvision evo,s

evo

hi guys

have been out a bit in the last week or so with my EVO nightvision and had some good shooting,

having a good nightvision adds a whole new dimension to your shooting (also can be a reason to get of the house when the mrs is watching rubbish on TV)

if anyone out there is thinking about getting a set up from EVO, I would say go for it, its fantastic.

I have been using mine on my .22LR to good effect and could comfortably use it on HMR ranges and beyond, im only using the small torch at the moment as its range is well beyond .22 range.

have attached a couple of pics from my last couple of outings.

31.07.2014%20horse%20field_zpsrkjvbo1o.j

26.07.2014%20horse%20field_zpstlnxo8er.j

the next pic is of the old set up I had from EVO before the modifications, as you can see the new set up has the battery attached to the camera, so much easier to use now, previously had to have the battery in your pocket.

this pic is on my old HMR from last year some time

20130911_124141_zps454d52a2.jpg

so if in doubt, get in touch with EVO (Bob) and get out night shooting!!

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

If you want a good reliable set up,use either E700 or the EJ230.The are not the cheapest but they are the best and will give you the desired results coupled with a T20.

totally agree davyo mate,, but for air rifle and .22 rimfire the s190swx bullet cam takes some beating for the price, was out last week with Golfshot/Hoggsreels and we could see the oak tree 150yrds no problem so certainly the s190swx if fine for the lads who cant afford the ej230

atb Evo

If l were to ever master putting a photo on PW, I'd happily post the setup l've got .. it was completed only last week "finally fitting a shoulder sling" .. the night vision kit Evo20 is excellent. Battery life is extremely impressive as to is the clarity on the screen. The nightvision gives an altogether different aspect to argunning ..

• 4 weeks later...

If l were to ever master putting a photo on PW, I'd happily post the setup l've got .. it was completed only last week "finally fitting a shoulder sling" .. the night vision kit Evo20 is excellent. Battery life is extremely impressive as to is the clarity on the screen. The nightvision gives an altogether different aspect to argunning ..

and you have nailed your first bunnie now kidda at 42yrds so your doing something right,,even though you missed that close one :lol::lol:

also to those who have asked ,,I,m not taking any more orders until 1st feb re night vision kits as up the wall building at the moment,,i also am waiting on parts arriving to sort out a couple of torches for the lads ,

I have noticed that some of the IR T20,s off the bay have not really been up to scratch and I have had numerous complaints about them,,people have been complaining that the single mode IR drivers have been blowing which I find quite strange as I have not had one blow and my torch gets used at least 3 times a week and I built it over 15 months ago and its still going strong,,

speak soon all and best wishes for 2015

Evo

• 1 month later...

Hi guys.

I don't know how many of you have been helped by evo's posts in making your own NV setups.

I for one couldn't begin to make one . Give me a sledge hammer and I'm your man. so some months ago I got him to make me one.

It has behaved faultlessly, and has accounted for many Rabbits and Fox's on different rifles.

I decided recently to get a T20 to go with my 66mm cree that he had sent with my kit. I needed this for the s510 and the Rimmie,

so got in touch again. I've just received it and it does exactly what I hoped it would, and he even sent a x2 lens to screw on the end.

This post is to thank evo and let you know that he is good at his work and wont blow his own trumpet. so If you need help get in touch, if he can help he will.( probably wont like me for saying that)

Anyway ATB guys

Hi guys.

I don't know how many of you have been helped by evo's posts in making your own NV setups.

I for one couldn't begin to make one . Give me a sledge hammer and I'm your man. so some months ago I got him to make me one.

It has behaved faultlessly, and has accounted for many Rabbits and Fox's on different rifles.

I decided recently to get a T20 to go with my 66mm cree that he had sent with my kit. I needed this for the s510 and the Rimmie,

so got in touch again. I've just received it and it does exactly what I hoped it would, and he even sent a x2 lens to screw on the end.

This post is to thank evo and let you know that he is good at his work and wont blow his own trumpet. so If you need help get in touch, if he can help he will.( probably wont like me for saying that)

Anyway ATB guys

Well said mate,evo has help numerous PW members and reading his threads got me well into NV,he warned me at the time and he was right it addictive.I know that you said you feel you would struggle to make one,but beleive me your becoming addicted,you will begin to explore,little diagrams running through your head when trying to go to sleep,searching eBay for days on end for bits and bobs.Admit it ,even as you read this your thinking 'oh what if I tried this'lol Edited by Davyo

thanks guy,s glad your both addicted now :lol::lol: :lol:

if it wasn,t for the love of doing it then I wouldn,t, but if it saves people money then so be it,

glad your happy Tonker mate and the x2 works very well with the rimfire , it basically just gives you a bit more distance which helps when spotting also mate,

anyways as always I always try to help people out

davyo, I did warn you bud, the minute it goes dark I,m working and experimenting with things, nothing better than beating the best :good: