Pump Club Clay Shoot

Sco77w

Orston gun club on the Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire border!

Fantastic ground

but on saturdays you cant shoot 100 sporting, its batches of 40

but they have a great compact/skeet/DTL and other stuff, very friendly place, PW charity shoot held there last year,

Our gun club went for a visit in August....couldnt do enough for us

:shaun:

Orston will be a challange with a 24 inch slug gun

Deershooter

It could be the first time I've had a valid excuse for putting in a bad score. "I've only got a 24" barrel and its cylinder choked" or "I'm struggling with these iron sights" :)

Sounds fun. Well regarded location too, although I have never missed clays there before.

Don't worry about the cylinder choke Sco77. My 870 has a 3 thou constricted tube for clays - I couldn't decide about taking it out to 1/8 or true cylinder...

If we pre-book/arrange, how about asking for some plates to be put up where suitable? Time the shots taken to hit them PSG style.

Sounds fun. Well regarded location too, although I have never missed clays there before.

Don't worry about the cylinder choke Sco77. My 870 has a 3 thou constricted tube for clays - I couldn't decide about taking it out to 1/8 or true cylinder...

If we pre-book/arrange, how about asking for some plates to be put up where suitable? Time the shots taken to hit them PSG style.

Sounds good. Who will be keeping an eye on the F4I guys and stopping them from loading 10+1 for a pair of clays?

Orston will be a challange with a 24 inch slug gun

Deershooter

Pumpers love a challenge :yes:

I'd love to come but being in the **** end of cornwall means its a 5-6hr drive each way to get anywhere central. One of the few downsides to living in cornwall.

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing it was thepasty's idea of The Pump Club , we should have it down south nearer to Cornwall (any excuse after PW charity shoot) , so any good clubs near there ?

I would agree with above, it would be nice if he was able to be at the first shoot.

It was a great idea for Pump Club, and deserves some form of recognition.

If you can get permission to do that F4i can provide all the kit required, we have lots of steel & plenty of ideas for a fun side shoot, also more than happy to travel anywhere in the country to support this but we have a busy calendar for this year with 20 matches so the date would have to be right.

Great idea !