Sunday in Cambridge

NickB65

Well I got to the field around 8am and with the wind coming from the East they where feeding close to where I had thought of setting up my hide. A largish flock of around 300 birds and a good wind so I might be n for some sport.....

Then again maybe not. Set-up the hide under the pylon and although they saw and came to the decoys, they took one look at the hide a flew by. Has to be said I was using some new material "you can see through but they can not see you" which was back dropped with some more camo but it was no good.

Ended up having a walk around to try some flight line shooting but it was cold, wet, snowy and I decided a hot meal was needed.

I am now bored with this bloody snow.

Yeap the weather can get on top of you sometimes , Iv been working outside scaffolding for 17 years now and like to think I'm pretty hardened to it ,

Spent the day out in it yesterday and enjoyed it , makes getting home even better afterwards

Iv got some of that magic see out but not in netting and personally I think ts rubbish So use a couple of army nets underneath it to break things up even more , seems to work just more to carry .

Atb

Well I got to the field around 8am and with the wind coming from the East they where feeding close to where I had thought of setting up my hide. A largish flock of around 300 birds and a good wind so I might be n for some sport.....

Then again maybe not. Set-up the hide under the pylon and although they saw and came to the decoys, they took one look at the hide a flew by. Has to be said I was using some new material "you can see through but they can not see you" which was back dropped with some more camo but it was no good.

Ended up having a walk around to try some flight line shooting but it was cold, wet, snowy and I decided a hot meal was needed.

I am now bored with this bloody snow.

Time to get some better camo netting!

Saturday strong south east wind and the ground to frozen to put decoy pegs in. Plenty pigeon flighting from a roost wood across an old railway cutting so stood behind a thorn bush and shot 12 in two hours for 26 shells. Back on Sunday still plenty wind but this time waqs armed with orange flags to divert more birds towards me, stuck it fro five hours thirty four shells and ONLY FIVE pigeons picked. Bah.

Blackpowder