Toyota surf gen 3

delburt0

Hiya ladies been shooting all my life , driving 4wds all my life but never had a surf gen 3 it's a import all the toys 83k r reg (new shape) blue 2 owners drives mint imported in 2002 ,I've been offered this in a px for my awd jag, I have a idea what I wanna pay lol just asking to see if there's any knagging problems or any good or bad news long term with them as I will probably go to a 3 car family if I get this as I'd like to keep it as a shooting truck for me and my dog only, no kids aloud :)

UIt's the 3.0 ltr I no the 2.4 are prone for head issues Its my mate who i go shooting withs truck he bought it 3 yrs ago then outed it but just took it back in px I no the belts and everything got done when he got it , I no the lad who bought it and he has looked after it , my friends in the trade and has offered me it .I have traded for years myself but my Normal job has taken over in the last 12 months I can have it for 1200 pound notes or 400 and the jag I'd like a bit more for the jag it's like a 3 yr old car I've got 950 in it so draw your own conclusions :). Ps anyone else it's 1600 trade sale ...

Edited by delburt0

I had a Gen3 surf, intercooler, for nearly 7 years. I sold it about 9 months ago with 170,000 miles on the clock. 60,000 miles on it when I bought it.

Never ever let me down.

All I ever spent on it was normal wear and tear stuff ,tyres, brake pads.

Mechanically still strong when I sold it.

I sometimes wonder why I did sell it.

It also towed a large caravan all over the country with the British superbikes for a few years. As well as being my shooting truck. It was a proper workhorse, but several years later it still looked good.

This was it when I sold it.

DSCF0202.jpg

Edited by caeser

I had a Gen3 surf, intercooler, for nearly 7 years. I sold it about 9 months ago with 170,000 miles on the clock. 60,000 miles on it when I bought it.

Never ever let me down.

All I ever spent on it was normal wear and tear stuff ,tyres, brake pads.

Mechanically still strong when I sold it.

I sometimes wonder why I did sell it.

It also towed a large caravan all over the country with the British superbikes for a few years. As well as being my shooting truck. It was a proper workhorse, but several years later it still looked good.

This was it when I sold it.

DSCF0202.jpg

I've recently bought an SSRG and it looks the same as yours - it's not yours though as mines got different lights! Cracking car and awesome power on/off road

Tom

Well finally got it , it's not the prettiest it was covered in mud the inside was also covered in mud and 22/250 cases , seats are out along with the carpets which got jet washed last nt going to put the carpet cleaner on the seats this morning and finish interior , buff the body then all done,,,, :)

i take it its diesel mate.if its the 3 litre they are bullet proof but drink the diesel.if its the 2.5 id leave well alone.

as being a jap import the 2.5 head is very thin and are prone to cracking over here.if the head has been changed then it should be fine but a tad sluggish hope that helps.

Yeh 3.0 gen 3 I actually ended up swapping it for my cynergy "long story" apart from the dent in the door and the bonnet it's just the job come up really nice inside and out ,adjusted the mileage from kilometers it's done about 88k miles..thought it was a r it's a n reg though.would imagine 25mpg as I drive like a girl my last terrano was 23 mpg and the jag I'm running is doing about 25mpg :) my grand Cherokee I had last yr was 17/19 mpg so I'm used to putting money in the tank,doesn't bother me if its doing a job..

Edited by delburt0

i take it its diesel mate.if its the 3 litre they are bullet proof but drink the diesel.

I'll have to disagree with you there pal. My 3.0ltr was, what I thought ,very good on diesel. Over 30 mpg all the time, except around town obviously. If I took it easy on the motorway, (less than 70mph average) it'd do 35mpg easily. Now whether thats because it was an intercooler or not, I don't know.

Edited by caeser

I'll have to disagree with you there pal. My 3.0ltr was, what I thought ,very good on diesel. Over 30 mpg all the time, except around town obviously. If I took it easy on the motorway, (less than 70mph average) it'd do 35mpg easily. Now whether thats because it was an intercooler or not, I don't know.

im happy at that I have not put any in yet or run it, I think there is still 1/2 tank in but anything over 25mpg is a bonus to me :) inter cooler will probably add 2/3 mpg depending on how it's drove I don't fly about, let the gearbox do the work. Edited by delburt0

• 1 month later...