Where do you place your flapper

THE AD

I'm not saying i know best, but i like to give people advice based on reason and logic. I will always disagree with people who say something doesn't work, without giving a reason why it doesn't work. I disagree when people say that magnets don't work or that pigeons can't be shot with 7.5 shot, though i've shot plenty using both.

Looks like you were losing the debate - you had to start trying to insult me.

not at all mate iv said what my reasons are for not using cradles on drillings , you wont have it, so get on with it , shot more pigeons than you've ever seen , so what would I no about decoying??

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not at all mate iv said what my reasons are for not using cradles on drillings , you wont have it, so get on with it , shot more pigeons than you've ever seen , so what would I no about decoying??

You've not given any reasons why. I could put pigeons on cradles at 18 inches on a bare rape field tomorrow and have them decoy fine.

You've not given any reasons why. I could put pigeons on cradles at 18 inches on a bare rape field tomorrow and have them decoy fine.

ok mate ,best I join you so you can show me how to go on then, take it your decoying on spring rape then that's just come up then ??

just seen your going on winter rape that's has holes in?? that's hardly drillings is it if half the fields up

Edited by browning n spaniel

ok mate ,best I join you so you can show me how to go on then, take it your decoying on spring rape then that's just come up then ??

just seen your going on winter rape that's has holes in?? that's hardly drillings is it if half the fields up

The half of the field i shall be on is nigh on bare. Therefore the premise is the same - birds on cradles 'floating' above the bare ground.

Why can't people get on?? Like I said, what works on one field won't nessiserly work on another.

I stood next to a hedge without I hide the other day and the pigeon where coming straight in to the pattern no problem. That works on my permision, doesn't mean I'm going to start going around saying that using a hide won't work.

I find the flappers give the birds that little bit more confidence to come right into the decoys and land.

Most of the time I have 2 groups of decoys with a gap in between them, if I use the flapper, it goes at the front of the gap, but I rearly use it on short crops or stubble.

I only really use flappers in standing crops nowadays, I put the flappers on long Sticks above the crop, imitates the birds trying to balance on the top to feed.

Just like to make a little piont about cradles being 18inches of the ground , you do realise that you can push them in a little further to say 4inches if ya worried about the whole floating in mid air thing. Lol

??????? really??? well I didn't no that :good::good: lol

Edited by browning n spaniel