What's your favourite .22hornet load?

amazed,

where did you pick up the 110? Locally? I have been wanting to give it a try in my 17 hornet as some guys in the US are pushing 3900 with the 20 gr bullet with it. I'm not a speed freak, but an extra 300 fps and the same or better accuracy is hard to top.

thanks,

rick

How about Henry Kranks.

amazed,

where did you pick up the 110? Locally? I have been wanting to give it a try in my 17 hornet as some guys in the US are pushing 3900 with the 20 gr bullet with it. I'm not a speed freak, but an extra 300 fps and the same or better accuracy is hard to top.

thanks,

rick

Hi rick.

I got it fromTimm hannams on the great north road.

It wasn't too expensive either.

All the best

Karl.

I would check if its n110 or h110 as they have a simmilar burn time.

Edited by Amazed

Hi rick.

I got it fromTimm hannams on the great north road.

It wasn't too expensive either.

All the best

Karl.

I would check if its n110 or h110 as they have a simmilar burn time.

Karl,

I am glad you mentioned that. It is actually h110 for the 17 hornet. It is n120, not n110, that i was thinking of. N110 is just a bit fast for the 17 version. I use h4198 at the moment and it is good, but not optimal. I picked it to be dual purpose with my 223 and 40's. it is really versatile for me in that i can use it for my 223, my 17 with both 20's and 25's, and also for my dad's 221.

Thanks

Rick

Karl,

I am glad you mentioned that. It is actually h110 for the 17 hornet. It is n120, not n110, that i was thinking of. N110 is just a bit fast for the 17 version. I use h4198 at the moment and it is good, but not optimal. I picked it to be dual purpose with my 223 and 40's. it is really versatile for me in that i can use it for my 223, my 17 with both 20's and 25's, and also for my dad's 221.

Thanks

Rick

I thought as much mate :)

Try clay and game they did have some in at 36 notes for a lb they will ship it via TNT aswell :)

I am liking the n110 at the moment as its easy peasy to work up a load with,not the fastest but can be put through the powder dripper with not much difference load to load.

Am running 9.5 grain in ppu brass with a 6 1/2 rem sr primer and a 45 grain hh bullet. And they are under an inch at 100 yd. nice gp small vermin round.

How are you finding the 17 ? And which version are you running ?

Thanks

Karl

Ps sorry Gary for the hijack ;):P

I used many many loads but one did really surprise me and I loved using it. I got some cheap Speer 50g TNT and dumped as much H110 in as I could (don't remember how much) and it was mustard over 150yds.

Another favourite was Hornady 45grn sxsp on A2400 or H4227.

My favourite powder was H110.

U.

I thought as much mate :)

Try clay and game they did have some in at 36 notes for a lb they will ship it via TNT aswell :)

I am liking the n110 at the moment as its easy peasy to work up a load with,not the fastest but can be put through the powder dripper with not much difference load to load.

Am running 9.5 grain in ppu brass with a 6 1/2 rem sr primer and a 45 grain hh bullet. And they are under an inch at 100 yd. nice gp small vermin round.

How are you finding the 17 ? And which version are you running ?

Thanks

Karl

Ps sorry Gary for the hijack ;):P

I have the ackley version in an encore. I have been shooting it the past 4 years or so and love it. I loved the hmr, but in the fields around here it just doesn't have enough oomph for consistent 150-200 yard shooting which i do a bit. Since i had the 223 encore it was an easy choice at the time to add a barrel. To do it again who knows. I have always wanted a 17-222, but the hornet is so efficient at what it does.

Thanks,

Rick