177 how far kill

matty thud

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no i aint saying any thing lol.. i've been in bed on and off for 7 years now.. i was clipping bricks to 1/2 inch one after the other to 82 yards at one time, bout 5 year ago.

used to hit pellets at 50 yard odd with an 80 in my younger day though...i'm a paper foab tah lol.

it all depends on you gun after you get the skill...i've been told 'yu cant do that' so often i could puke m8...when you know yourself the door opens...your dealing with one shot, or ywo shots, the first to range with.

edit, oh sod it, here it is full..

the edge of copper coin at 50meters, 3-4 out 5 with AA feilds, 2-3 out of 5 with daystate pellets.

furthest squirrel 84 yards standing.

furthest rabit 72 yards standing

nicest witnest plenky, 140 ish yard on 1 3/4 inch knob on a draw, first shot touched the outside, tuther two hit it..was a nice wind too.

birds? fff god knows how far, but eather way i stopped a long time back wacking woodies at the other end of the feilds on wires..yu know, 2 and a bit lifts off of the scope, runnng at a 'usualy hit the,' when i was in that mood..

best ever shooting standard was from a shouldered air gun to 'dead' in under a second, long tim since i've seen that standard though. (anything this side of the '30 yard zero range' was a instant hit..

so in short i've lived a lie of what every one else thinks is posable...called out so many times and them proven it in disgust at the poor shooting of the mouth peice lol..yu know...

it boils down to getting 'cumfy with your self' and pritty much not listening, or even better not shooting with others...i neather need nor want any one elses aproaval, it's me and the target and non of any one elses bissiness.

heres the best though......i aint the best, never have been, i'm at the bottom end of propper good... the real hot shots were the preverbial kids shooting before they copuld walk types, i only had a 24/7 up to 16 hout a day/night exsperience for about 2 year.. learned a lot in the time, the main one was, stay away from noddies and tuther was let your auto flow...

duh dahh.. it is true, but i'd say less than 20 percent are capable of actualy doing it to that extreme.

50-60 yards when you can shoot, and your heads in the right place and the guns running right and your fluent and all the other little piddly bits you no loger even thing about..its a doddle ..but, one of them little other things goes off a bit, then its pull yu hair outtime till you sort it..its 'extreme'..

shooting a ten year weekend job to set your auto's, auto's like walking..talking etc, so proper fluency, yu can do it in two or three if you literally have no where else to be..oh yeh, you need to really luv it too lol.

Edited by stoogey

I could do it but can't now :/

Its a shame everyone who's spoke up on this thread can't get together on a HFT course. It would be interesting to see the results.

i cant get up off the ground yet lol...

''

''glad you found it funny i couldn't understand a word of that lol''

you will when you get there lol.

ok, in the intrest of humour heres the short answer...yup yu can...lmao!

Edited by stoogey

i cant beleive the ******** iv read on this thread!!! any body shooting live quarry past 45yds with a sub 12ftlb rifle is a **** in my eyes! there not capable of a kill should it go slightly wrong!

and are you realy that disrespectfull to your quarry to risk wounding! get the right tools for the job or please for ****s sake dont shoot em! i dont care how good you think you are!!

200 plus lol...and nearly..its a used to, a has been..all but a distant memory...for now, or for coman sence.

every one 'generalises' from their own exsperience...and tanslates what is ment.. its quite literaly yes it can be dun if your good enough and the guns capeable.

wether it should be attempted? how well do you know yourself?? would you know if you 'were on it' for sure?.....and confident of it happening to the plan.

any one zeroing by moving a group around is never going to be that hot on and know it at the same time, so..yu know...to that person every one else is swinging the lead.

leeding a horse to water an all that :good:

i cant beleive the ******** iv read on this thread!!! any body shooting live quarry past 45yds with a sub 12ftlb rifle is a **** in my eyes! there not capable of a kill should it go slightly wrong!
and are you realy that disrespectfull to your quarry to risk wounding! get the right tools for the job or please for ****s sake dont shoot em! i dont care how good you think you are!!

ahh yes..lmao 30 years doing rong ...

200 yds Did you have a extra high rear scope mount and a low front scope mount to get that elevation for that shot?

aim up..lift..lift..and about there...it isnt even on the scope..

ohh and to upset folks..50-55 yards at 10.5fp's...for three month. unbeleivable int it? nehhh...

met a young lad born n bread to it, he loved the gun and with 3 or 4 shots sort of showed me up with it...just goes to show dunt it.

Edited by stoogey

Mongrel thanks for translation,

fabarm gamma boy its unbelieveable isn't it

im disgusted and bloody annoyed what the **** are these lot on about! is it only me and you that live in a real world here or what! stoegey says a 22 sub12 starts to run out of puff between 72-75yds on bunnies, no pal it ran out at 40yds respectively! i had a guy telling me his 22 s410 would match a 22rimmie in every aspect! 40ftlbs v 100ftlbs hmmmmmmm i give up pal i realy do Edited by fabarm gamma boy

Its just a great shame people like this are giving more and more ammunition to the anti gun groups etc. and spoiling it for everyone else.

Maybe they should license air rifles to help stop people like this getting procession of air rifles.

At least the FEO’s could see what these people are like.

80yds rabbits! 200yds pigeons! Whats next? Deer stalking and fox hunting with a air rifle!!! :no:

stoogey i don't drink excessive amounts of alcohol or do strange substances but i would love to try some of what your on as it seems to be some good &^$£ as they say,

not doubting your shooting ability though some excessive range's there it's the way your wording your post's their priceless

colin

.177 btw, exact heavies.. and it was a mistake due to mixing up markers on a lamp..

heres three ways to learn to shoot.

1. yu rubbish you are, yu just cant, its not possable....hmmm they'll amount to 5 inch group zero's.

2. yeh i'm brill i am fab i can hit anything and oooozing with confidence..never hits owt and gets anoying to hear.

3. forget what the others are whistling in the breeze about, get your head down, get serious and put every hour in you can, not on a range but plenking..papers flat and 2-D..yu need 3-D special awareness, but most of all unblemished self realisism based confidence.

any one actualy bothered to dowload chairgun? it's the maths..the fact.. bar anonolies in the tools..

would you know if say the scope mount rail was actualy square? or even square to what?

centering a scope?

knowing why somethings not quite on?

theres a whol load of home work that can save you years, but doing it the try it and see method, like i didnt know what a yard was, i could wack the eyes outa sparrows at hi speed like..

but..all them little extras, the cost time and effert and sooooooooooo much b*ll **** wading its ridiculas.

be true to your self about...that is the be all and end all. (the rest is time in..and a bit of home work).

nar then...some one who cant group shots/hit the plinking tagets at 40 yards? yes i'd aggree 100 percent dont go shooting live at theat distance.

some onr that can only group properly at 25 and not 30? but a new gun, or a scope or something, in the range enviroment, no wind, if you can hit your pellet hole at 25yards gues what..thres only 'in your head' stopping a 40 yarder group..

on live quarry, if your having a little white lie to yourself gues what..you'll wing and miss all day and never be non the wiser, thats stupidity and pitiful all in one.

the chap that 'knows' where he or she is at and says yup i'll give that a miss because they know they cant hit, yu cant knock um, theyve shown sence..and acted responcably. (even if its 20 yards max...they know what they know, and theyre cumfy with that..so why knock them is the real question).

i'll leave it at that..it needs a gun, a gun smith and dedicasion, most have to work or just cant get out etc so...what can you do with that.

(if the next comment is no way in .177...sorry fu laughing, 30 years of doing it tells me..ermmm yeh whatever lol).