A couple of F.A.C questions

I've recently applied for my firearms cert, I've put in for FAC air .22, .22lr and 17 hmr, I have 7 acres of land which I own myself as well as my other permissions, my permission has already been surveyed and given the ok for anything right upto .308, my land has never been surveyed until yesterday when we walked round it and he ok'd it for FAC air only which I thought was fair comment, now onto my question, so odds are I will get a closed certificate to start with(should I be granted one at all) and on my piece of land I can only shoot FAC air which is what he deemed safe(I would also agree with that) now say somebody with an open ticket thought it was perfectly safe to shoot say a .17hmr on there would that be allowed? Or now my land has been surveyed is FAC air the maximum calibre allowed on there from here on in...

Second question if I get my ticket I've got my eye on a sako quad synthetic .22lr what would a suitable back stop be to zero the scope in on, would it go through a ton round bale?

Cheers guys axeman..

As above but if in doubt,,Best people to ask would be your firearms licencing department or BASC.That way you will get the correct advise.As for the rimmy it will rico of a nats knacker.A good soft backdrop but it only needs to hit a small stone for it to take off.

They do ricochet but hardly ever ,I think I've had a dozen in 150 shots .

:lol::lol::hmm::hmm:

Are you 'avin a giraffe, that is appaling, if you actually hit what you are aiming at with a 17g V-Max the odds of a ricochet are way worse than you winning the Lottery! :D:D

This Ricochet business is something that gets a lot more air play than it deserves.

First off concentrate on Hitting what you aim at and that will dramatically reduce any chance of a ricochet.

Second, take out the tool for the job on the land/quarry you are shooting.

Lastly avoid any unsafe shots... period!

ANY calibre can ricochet.

I wasn't trying to start another war of words here fellas, just get some info is all, I totally here where your coming from deckers before you squeeze the trigger safety is always paramount, obviously possibly being new to hunting with a rifle I want something with the least chance of ricochet and out of the two calibers I've applied for sounds like the .17hmr is the way to go... Cheers for the replies chaps

:lol::lol::hmm::hmm:

Are you 'avin a giraffe, that is appaling, if you actually hit what you are aiming at with a 17g V-Max the odds of a ricochet are way worse than you winning the Lottery! :D:D

ok prob less than 10 but that's while setting zero on a plaster board into a valley so nothing to worry about but the fact is they do tho so its not impossible.

That's almost 10% - not sure that qualifies as 'hardly ever'!!

Never done it on live quarry tho not once

Can I also add it only happened with remmington and never hornady

Edited by team tractor

I wasn't trying to start another war of words here fellas, just get some info is all, I totally here where your coming from deckers before you squeeze the trigger safety is always paramount, obviously possibly being new to hunting with a rifle I want something with the least chance of ricochet and out of the two calibers I've applied for sounds like the .17hmr is the way to go... Cheers for the replies chaps

Don't worry mate, pretty much any question posed starts a war of words here lol.

Good luck with the purchase :-)