Steak

king ratcatcher

The important thing about steak is that you enjoy it, however you prefer it.

Most would have you believe it has to be bloody as hell to be any good, to be honest its how you like it that makes it good.

Depends where you get the steak from, and how you trust the cleanliness of the chef/kitchen. I generally form an opinion on the eatery and decide if the ingredients are good enough, the level of hygiene is acceptable etc. I wouldn't for instance eat a steak anything less than burnt at an "Aberdeen angus" place in London. Mind, I wouldn't eat there either.

At the fat duck I probably wouldn't want it cooked at all :stupid:

If it is any good (if it isn't, you shouldn't be eating it) rare to medium is the only way.

Even though restaurants will serve it however you want it, good chefs will tell you well done is just killing a good bit of meat cooking it that much.

We went to this place for the first time a few months ago, they know a bit about good steaks :lol:

http://www.gaucho-grill.com/

Even though the Fat Duck is just down the road from me, I have never been tempted, it is all a bit whacky for my liking, my mate took his missus and likened it to a Bush tucker Trial :shout:

I spent a week in Argentina back in february and they cook their beef for the same ammount of time so if you like it well done then you order a thin cut, and if you like it bleeding then you order a thick cut. A bief d'lomo was the biggest steak you could have and weighed about 2 pound. And cost the same.

I prefer mine medium rare.

Even though the Fat Duck is just down the road from me, I have never been tempted, it is all a bit whacky for my liking, my mate took his missus and likened it to a Bush tucker Trial :shout:

Heston is a bit out there for most people, mind its the tasting menu he has which has all the mad stuff on it (snail risotto, bacon and egg ice cream etc).

I quite enjoyed the tasting menu, but the a la carte menu is stunning, if pricey :lol: