Devon Woodcock shooting

Evening all,

The Okehampton Woodcock Shoot has spaces available for the coming season,

Shooting commences in the middle of November and we have 12 days available (Shooting Wednesdays)

The shooting is mostly Woodcock driven from forestry commission plantations with occasional driven Snipe ,

We operate a beat one stand one day, the beating can be rough going and you will probably bleed!!!;-)

Last season the total bag return was

72 Woodcock

8 Snipe

2 Pheasants

11 Pigeons and 1 Magpie

We do not guarantee shooting (as its a totally wild quarry) but do our best to have a good day out if you are looking to fire a box of shells a day this probably isn't for you!!!!

We start the day with an optional all you can eat breakfast at the local golf club (£7.00) then onto the shooting grounds, we split the guns into 2 teams and take it in turn to shoot.

So if you would like to have a day out with the gun with like minded folk with plenty of banter and the chance to bag a Woodcock the prices are below

If you just fancy a taster day we charge £60 per gun

If you would like to join the club for the season the price is £180 per gun (12days)

All guns must be insured!!!!

The club is not run commercially so we do not look to make a profit but only charge to cover the cost of the rents hence the ridiculously low price ( oh and the fact you may not get a shot)

If you are interested please feel free to PM me

ATB

Truckboy (Dale)

Sounds like a great deal. I am right in guessing the shoot is close to Oakhampton?

My only problem is I have other days booked and i am a syndicate member down this way. So if you would have me as a member some days I could not make, would this cause prolems with the organising side of things.

Evening gents,

Silver pigeon 3, you would be more than welcome to book some taster days and to show what sort of club we are if you come and have a day and then decide you would like to join we would only need an extra £120 (take you to the £180 membership rate) also if you take 3 days @ £60 per day you will have covered your membership and would be welcome for the rest of the season Without additional charge!!!

Rim fire 4969, as we are a club and shoot Wednesdays team numbers vary weekly, I myself can't make every week but plan to make 6-7 days a season, as above if you wanted to pay per day once you had paid £180 in total you would be welcome for the rest of the season without charge.

• 2 weeks later...

Truckboy sounds like a great offer, although a bit far from me. I am however very interested in the club side of things in relation to how you set things up with the Forestry Commission. etc PM on the way me thinks.

Cheers

Aled

• 2 weeks later...

Thoroughly recommend this shoot - been down for the past two seasons and will be there this year as well.

Wild birds, no put & take, no keeping or feeding - just a regular cry of 'Wood Cock' and the opportunity for a snap shot as the bird jinks through the woods.

The other guns are all keen shooters who make visiting guns really welcome. Day starts with a huge breakfast - then the work starts! Walk one, stand one. Some steep ground, lots of thick cover. Thorn proof leggings are ideal. Be prepared to bleed a bit!

Day finishes with the remaining guns positioned out on the rides, with the opportunity for a roding 'Cock as the light fades.

Rough shooting as it should be, and at a price that makes the journey well worth-while.

Give Truckboy a PM and see you there! :0)

I completely agree with IanF; this is a cracking shoot and you will struggle to find anywhere near the value of joining the syndicate.

As time is at a bit of a premium this year i'll be booking just the one day and looking forward to seeing Dale and the guys again.

All the best!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Thanks again Dale and the Okehampton woodcock club for a great day.

Great fun and the night flight was definately a first time experience for me. Will definately be down again.

Wasn't my time for a woodcock but that didn't put a dampener on the day. Well worth the long trip down there.

Thanks