eyup folks. newbie ish from west yorkshire

Eyup, just thought id introduce myself on here after a while of looking through the forum. Ive been playing around with air rifles for the last 5 years or so on and off but im looking to get relatively accurate with the sport now and try for pigeons and rabbits etc. Ive had a few pigeons and crows in the past but it sometimes feels more like luck than skill which isnt good shooting at live stuff, I mainly started with rats a couple years back but then stopped and im trying to get back into it now. Currently have a diana mod 38 which is a pretty decent rifle but I cant tell if after a couple of years in the cupboard it sounds a bit twangy sorta speak or if its just that im not used to it. Just been looking up on setting the scope up properly again so once its all sorted hopefully ill bed back into it and start hitting stuff again. Also to add im looking at getting a pcp eventually but just seeing how I go with the springer for now but ya never know if a decent kit comes up I may be tempted but no rush for that yet. Couple questions if I may, say the scopes zero'd at 20 yards, what compensation would be required say you were shooting into a tree? Is there much difference shooting uphill or downhill sorta speak. Ive knocked a couple birds from trees but as I mentiined before it sometimes seems like luck rather than judgement.

Cheers,

Danny.