Gwent police appauling service

Well lads its nearly 6 months now since i submitted my one for one variation and still no joy. I phone every couple of weeks an ask when

is it going to be signed off and all I get is how long is a piece of string attitude of the person I am speaking to.

I told them i haven't had any amunition for quite a while and need to buy more to get on with my vermin/ fox control as its lambing season

and my permissions have been asking where i am and i'm afraid of loosing my persissions to other shooters because I cant do the

job required of me by them.

The attitude I get is nay on despicable an boardering on the don't give an Flying Eff weather I cant shoot or lose my shooting permissions

etc. Its even been suggested that i'm becoming a nusense for phoning all the time about the matter. To which I reply that my FEO phoned me

on 12th of April an said he was submitting my forms into his superior on that day to be looked at and signed off, so should have it back with in the

next week or 2 after. So how long does it take for one person to put a signature onto a piece of paper an send it out after looking at it.

The responce was i'l get it when it comes through whether its takes another day or another few weeks or months.

Usual excuse of being under staffed and snowed under etc, which I think is a total load of Bull CR*P.

Would I be with in my write to write a letter of complaint or phone an ask to speak to some one higher in office. My FEO has given me a number to phone

if i may so wish to complain. But I feel, if I make such a complaint, then any other variations I may put in for in the future may be comprimised

and turned down on the basis that i did make a complaint.

DD

You could get in touch with your shooting organisation or simply ask licensing to send back your old(current) certificate back ASAP so you can buy more ammo. There is no reason they cannot do this, and to be honest, no requirement to even return your current ticket when applying for a variation or renewal. This way you will never be without a ticket.

Write them a letter of complaint. It won't affect any future applications etc. The problem is that most people don't like to 'create waves'. I complained about a condition that was added to my certificate, and it was removed straight away. If you are a member of BASC, give them a ring and they'll get onto the case for you.

Dear all,

It is important to complain, all be it keeping the tone of the letter polite and factual. With no complaints on file, if we go to the Ch Constable to ask him to look into it and he see NO complaints on file he will simple cone back to us with 'what's the problem , no one is complaining about it?'

David

At last got home today from work and my ticket was on the mat. Not bad concidering i put the original variation in at the end of last November.

All opened up as well on all calibers which is a great asset for me. So looks like up at the crack of dawn in the morning and out on my first sorty on my own. See if i can call in a a charlie or two. One happy shooter after waiting all this time for my ticket.

Oh got to buy another rifle as well to fill my .22lr slot. So its up my mates tonight to buy his mint condition Sako for £350 complete with sights an mod, rabbits beware lolz.

DD

Thanks Steve it certainly is. Freedom at last to go it alone will be a great advantage to my shooting mate. No more relying on other people to take me just so i can use my gun. Looks like buying a decent scope for my .243 will be justified after all.

Things are defo looking up on the shooting side if things at last. Very happy bunny now mate.

ATB

Gareth

Glad you finally got it sorted Gareth.

Enjoy your new purchases and happy and safe hunting!

ATVB.

Thanks mate, iv just been up to purchase a mint condition Sako P34S .22lr with all the trimmings for £350 all in. And im delighted with it fair play, plus i know the history of it as it was my best friends. Cant wait to get her zeroed in and get out and about with it, been a while coming but glad the wait is finally over.