winchester 101

shaunb

your best bet is to look on guntrader and see what they are going for on average, off the top of my head i think they fetch between 500 and 700 quid depending on condition/wood etc... but im sure i will be corrected in due course. i have a winchester grand european which is really well built which i believe is built on a 101 action, the sears in the fore end can sometimes shear off and replacement parts can be hard to come by, however its nothing a competent gun smith can make cheaply, all in all cracking guns for the money.

so for 300 is a bargin then, its hardley had any shells put through it but theres a few marks here and there on the stock witch dont bother me

If you have the chance of one for £300 then grab it...worth about double that and a great gun, a lot better than the cheap new guns available in that price range.

ive used it twice this year and really like it, i did a 35 out of 50 with it on sunday compared to my normall 23/25 out of 50 with the baikal but i was just makeing sure there was no know faults to cost me a fortune 12 months down the line before i baught it, thanks guys

to me a gun is a gun after a few shots i normally get my eye in on them but the wincester just feels better when im shooting it and its alot lighter compared to my baikal guns

i think its a 27 inch and im unsure on the chokes, had a scout on google ealyer and a few adverts said both were 3/4 chokes but could not get a price on one and rest of the ads were just pics of it and no right up saying chokes or barrel lenght

so for 300 is a bargin then, its hardley had any shells put through it but theres a few marks here and there on the stock witch dont bother me

my locals nocking em out for 800 in good nick! the grand europeans are fetching over £1500 in mint condition! make no mistake there still one of the best guns out there! i own one and i love mine and will never part with it!

atvb

FGB

Not many second-hand 101's come with a full set of chokes;my first came with only two(those which were already screwed in)the rest I've collected with other models over the years.If you get stuck,Teague make chokes for them although I think only the stainless extended versions.Not having looked,I could be wrong.

If it is a multichoke , these are plentiful..

Browning invector chokes are the same , and fit

Also some SKB and Mossbergs

Remember ,Winchester were the first to offer multichokes and the rest followed...

cheers guys, had anouther look at it ealyer theres no threads on the barrels for any chokes and all it says stamped on the barrels is winchester 101 xtr lightweight 12g 2 2/3 so unsure on what there pre set at but i can it things with it haha

cheers guys, had anouther look at it ealyer theres no threads on the barrels for any chokes and all it says stamped on the barrels is winchester 101 xtr lightweight 12g 2 2/3 so unsure on what there pre set at but i can it things with it haha

If its fixed choke the choke designation will probably be stamped with the relevant constriction on each barrel at the chamber end of the barrels under the fore-end.They're usually in the shape of stars,such as ****

1 star is full

2 is 3/4 or improved modified (IM)

3 is 1/2 or modified(M)

4 is 1/4 or improved cylinder(IC)

5 is skeet or cylinder©

If I'm wrong someone will be along in a minute.

Next time you're shooting it take off the fore-end and have a gander.

If its fixed choke the choke designation will probably be stamped with the relevant constriction on each barrel at the chamber end of the barrels under the fore-end.They're usually in the shape of stars,such as ****

1 star is full

2 is 3/4 or improved modified (IM)

3 is 1/2 or modified(M)

4 is 1/4 or improved cylinder(IC)

5 is skeet or cylinder©

If I'm wrong someone will be along in a minute.

Next time you're shooting it take off the fore-end and have a gander.

• 3 weeks later...