heartburn after drinking

leeds chimp

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Add me to the list of 'wired ups'. Everything that sets you two off does me in too.

I think we are wired up the same. On occasion I forget this (it seems such a good idea after a bottle of red) only to have that horrible sensation when you lie in bed and feel it working its way back....NICE.

Mine started like that, a heavy session on the 80 shilling and nips on a trip after the geese in sweatyland. Had it ever since, just have to be careful what I eat and drink and I'm fine.

this is the first time i have suffered from it...so thinking its just a one off as had a pretty full on weekend of drinking and eating ****

Coffee, spicy food pepper sauce fatty meat, and high fat cheese all gone for years ? I blamed them for years but really I was drinking too much. Gave up drinking for a year and can now have all of them. Still can't eat Smash (why would I) without having an oesophagus like a nut cracker and cod liver oil tablets repeats for hours.

John.

Or you have a frothy acid reflux burp and wonder the next day how you managed to burn your throat and windpipe.

Better still when you get full on reflux while sleeping and then breathe in, sucking acid into your lungs! That wakes you up sharpish! I can honestly say that I thought my time had come! I was gasping as much through pain as struggling to breathe and couldn't muster enough air to cough it out!

Omeprazole when i need it rather than daily but get caught out occasionally.