heartburn after drinking

leeds chimp

Had a bit of a alcohol session on Saturday night.

Had a few beers and cider then a few shots and ended up on vodka lime and lemonade. Ever since I am getting pretty bad heartburn whenever I eat or drink anything at all. Even the tea brew this morning triggered it off.

Is it a sign of getting older and over doing it?

Thinking it's just the amount of spirits That's done it

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only need to look at a glass of white wine to get acid indigestion. In fact, just thinking about a warm glass of house white from an indian restaurant.... ouch.

Normally it's bad living and "white" foods that will get you.

Fresh white bread, strong cheddar cheese and smothered with picallil, oh how I love you but boy do you hurt me :lol:

Eating chicken Kiev too quickly - gets me everytime :/

Luckily everything else is fine :yahoo:

Chimp, have a couple of weeks off the sauce and see how you feel after that, although you aren't old, your body may be starting to feel that way...

That's what I am thinking it was down to the amount as not had a session like that for a long time

Don't normally touch spirits except small glass of whiskey but did nearly the whole bottle of vodka in about 2-3 hours

Bought a box of lemons and limes last year - Made lemon ice out of the lemons and was halfway through doing the same with the limes when the idea of frozen margheritas sprang to mind - Let me tell you that the indigestion you get after drinking the juice of around 30 limes mixed up with tequila and triple sec is acidic on an Olympic scale!

However, on the plus side, i appear to be completely immune to scurvy!

I get this all the time but I do have a cure, Its foul but it works everytime

1 table spoon of apple cider vinger, dilute with water and knock it back. As I say it tastes foul but the bad taste for a few moments is nothing to the pleasure of getting rid of it.

Michael

I get this all the time but I do have a cure, Its foul but it works everytime

1 table spoon of apple cider vinger, dilute with water and knock it back. As I say it tastes foul but the bad taste for a few moments is nothing to the pleasure of getting rid of it.

Michael

Michael.

I always found it to be a very refreshing drink ..... Can help some arthritis sufferers.