Wow afternoon concord tour Manchester

greener86

Wow I just been on afternoon champagne tour of concord at Manchester airport for my mums 70th that was one of her dreams but a she did not have the cash in the 70,s 80,s 90,s and b they stopped flying concord in 2003 my god what a life style that would of been £30 for the tour but worth the cash London to New York in 3h 30 min they were saying some business people would fly in the morning to10 pm New York do a 5 hour meeting then be back on the return flight been home at 10 pm some business user would be doing the fligh twice a week very littel jet leg very impressive plane 3 1/2 grand a flight 50000 ft in the air

If I recall correctly they held "putting" contests in the aisle, the length of putt was determined by the speed the plane was flying, and then calculated to the distance the plane had covered to determine the length of putt.

I think the record is in the Guinness Book of records.

Wow I just been on afternoon champagne tour of concord at Manchester airport for my mums 70th that was one of her dreams but a she did not have the cash in the 70,s 80,s 90,s and b they stopped flying concord in 2003 my god what a life style that would of been £30 for the tour but worth the cash London to New York in 3h 30 min they were saying some business people would fly in the morning to10 pm New York do a 5 hour meeting then be back on the return flight been home at 10 pm some business user would be doing the fligh twice a week very littel jet leg very impressive plane 3 1/2 grand a flight 50000 ft in the air

No reason for it not to be flying.

It's a shame as now we are taking longer to travel, Concorde was ahead of its time, it should've ended up as the way all long haul flights were conducted but the crash and the knee jerk reaction ruined it and aviation has taken steps forward but not in the speed area

The fella taking us around told us the cost of running Concorde was expensive there is a corgated material which goes in side of the fuel tank 3x3 ft made of Kevlar just that cost 17500 gran there was loads of them one seat cost 7 grand the cockpit was like a military plane. Yet was the passengers sat was exclusive very nice

i went on the concorde tour back in march, at brooklands, weybridge. I also chatted with one of the former pilots, christopher orlebar.

I used to think that it was all such a terrible shame that its not flying today, but when you listened to the tour and the journey it made from initial idea, to the incredible project that flew commercially for well over 30 years without an 'at fault' crash, you came away thinking that it was a huge success and maybe it bowed out at the right time. It wasnt concordes fault that nothing was developed to supercede it.

There arent many other jetliners that are allowed to fly that long today, most are done and dusted after 25 years.

Great tour.

Here we go this is the answer to the longest putt record on Concorde

On the eve of the Ryder Cup in 1999, Spain’s Jose Maria Olazabal putts a ball a record 9.2 miles during a Concorde flight to the United States. His putt broke American Brad Faxon’s 1997 world record of 8.5 miles (13.68 kilometres) and travelled the length of the supersonic airliner’s 150 foot cabin in 26.17 seconds to land in the cup at the first attempt. With Concorde travelling at 1,270 mph, the ball was actually in motion for 9.232 miles, a spokeswoman for British Airways said. The flight time of three hours six minutes was also a record for the London Boston route.

I met an American who used to take the red-eye from New York to Heathrow, so he could get some sleep before his meeting in London, then he would get the teatime concorde back. Did that twice a week for several years.